2010 Movies To See (and not)

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Movies I'm waiting for:

Percy Jackson (Here's hoping that they're sticking closer to the books then the trailers are letting on)

Hoodwinked 2 (I want to see it so much I'd go to a theater ALONE! (If any of you knew me personally you'd know that was a big deal.))

The Wolfman (HA-HA-HA WEREWOLVES!)

The Last Airbender (I still don't get why they removed the word Avatar from the title just because of the James Cameron movie. They aren't even going to be in theaters at the same time!)

Shrek Forever After (Despite the overused plot-line of an alternate reality the trailer made me laugh more than the trailer for the third one, so here's hoping!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW: Isn't Hoodwinked 2 already released? I mean, Burger King's promoting their toys based on the film this entire month, which pretty much caught me unaware.

I've seen fast food tie ins happen a week or so before the movie starts... sometimes after... but the movie isn't even out yet, and I haven't so much as seen a trailer or preview.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, it should have been a week or so ago, but it's been delayed to September.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The tie-ins are set months in advance, so they can't suddenly pull them if the movie gets pushed back. So, a lot of the time, when the movie does get pushed back the tie-in promotion goes through anyway.

The movies are a REALLY complex business! :eek:

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I want to see:
Alice in Wonderland
Nanny McPhee
Gullivers Travels
Percy Jackson (I'll prolly wait for the DVD)
Rapunzel
Toy Story 3
Shutter Island
Iron Man
Harry Potter
Prince of Persia
Date Night

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A few more to add to the list:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Furry Vengeance
Guardians of Ga'Hoole
Flipped

Alpha and Omega <3 <3 <3
Chronicles of Narnia

Drtooth

Reaction score
The tie-ins are set months in advance, so they can't suddenly pull them if the movie gets pushed back. So, a lot of the time, when the movie does get pushed back the tie-in promotion goes through anyway.
It's pretty rare... but then again, it's rare for a movie to be that far off schedule so close to when it was first announced. All I can say is OUCH!

Other than Toy Story 3 I really can't say I'm totally excited by anything.

I still have to see Princess and Frog, and If I can ever find Fox's Fantastic film, I have to jump on that one... but other than that, I just don't know what's coming out this year.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another one I'm awaiting is Dreamworks' Guardians. This is the one based on an upcoming book series where Santa, Jack Frost, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Sandman team up against the Boogyman.