The Muppets as (other) Disney characters

JanicePepper

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to draw some of the Muppet characters as Disney characters. Since it's been awhile since I've done Muppets fanart (like, since Kindergarten) it took a few tries before I got a look I wanted. Here's my first three attempts. All are hand drawn, inked in Sharpie, colored with pencils.

I figured Piggy would go for a costume that came with opera gloves. I also took a Disney Princess quiz and answered the way I thought she would. She's most like Esmerelda, but Cinderella was a close second. (Piggy wouldn't have put up with the evil stepfamily.) I don't think I got her ears right. I was still trying to figure out how to get her to look "right". I'll post better, more recent attempts later.

I took the Princess Quiz again and answered as Janice would. She's most like Pocahontas with Aurora as a close second. I have Janice here in the pink (make it blue!) ballgown. Even when they're cartoony, hands are still hard to draw! I have another of Janice in the "Briar Rose" dress I'll put up later.

Camilla is a difficult character, both to draw and define. Her personality? Um...she's a chicken. The body, the feathers, all just...odd. I drew her as Ariel completely from memory, so I didn't get the comb and wattles just right. Well, here's the attempt anyway.

I've done others, better done. I've done Kermit as Aladdin that I'm satisfied with. I've done Janice as Pocahontas and thought of doing Floyd as John Smith. Or maybe Zoot can be John Smith and he could be John Rolph. Or, (caution, pun ahead) Rowlf as John Rolph. I've really been doing a lot of the Princesses. Any suggestions/requests? I'll post more tomorrow!

PS, I'm also working on a series of Muppets dressed like Sailor Moon characters. Keep an eye out for those.

JanicePepper

Reaction score
This pic of Piggy as Esmeralda was done more recently and looks quite a bit better than the Cinderella pic. I gave her black hair since in the movie, Frollo sings about "the sunlight in her raven hair" and Piggy would probably put on a wig if she were to wear a Gypsy costume.

And here's Janice as Pocahontas. For some reason, I don't think Janice would look like Janice if I gave her different hair. Those yellow strings are just so iconic. Maybe I should've given her blue eyeshadow? Oh well, Pocahontas didn't wear any eyeshadow!

And finally, a Disney Prince! Here's Kermit as Aladdin, just after he finds the lamp for the first time. Hmm...maybe I can draw Gonzo as Genie! More to come.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/cygnavamp/kermitasAladdin.jpg

Sorry, had a few technical difficulties with that last one!

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Those drawings are really great! I can't wait to see the Sailor Moon ones!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Very awesome. Especially loved the picture of Janice as Princess Aurora. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have to say, out of all the ones I've seen ... Piggy/Esmerelda and Kermit/Aladdin are the best.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That Kermit as Aladdin is superb! I LOVE his facial expression and I would LOVE to see you tackle Gonzo as the Genie! :big_grin:

JanicePepper

Reaction score
That Kermit as Aladdin is superb! I LOVE his facial expression and I would LOVE to see you tackle Gonzo as the Genie! :big_grin:
I did Gonzo as Genie last night! I just gotta scan it and put it up on PhotoBucket.
Thank you everyone for your comments. Piggy as Esmeralda is my favorite too. My husband thinks I should do Sam the Eagle as Dom Frollo, since they have a similar personality. Maybe. I don't know.