Diets...not fun..but gonna be WORTH IT!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've settled back into my gym again. I go every week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The exercise makes me feel very good. I'm going to try hard to look after myself.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I've settled back into my gym again. I go every week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The exercise makes me feel very good. I'm going to try hard to look after myself.
Good for you Marty!:smile:
As I mentioned when I started this thread I'm pre- diabetic. So my sister bought me sugar free chocolates. (I have a sweet tooth like you wouldn't believe!:rolleyes: ) Now,just because the chocolates are sugar free doesn't mean they're calorie free. I had one of the chocolates today & found out that it's 170 calories per serving!:eek: It was really sweet (pardon the pun) of my sister to buy the candy for me. I just wish she'd looked at the calories on it. I have been exercising though. And some of my clothes are beginning to feel loose on me!
Almost forgot!*insert Forgetful Jones smiley here*
I've been drinking this fruit flavored water called Fruit 2o.It has NO calories whatsoever & no sugar! & it's delicious! I had first had it at my brother's house last month & LOVED it! So those that are intersted in trying it,go ahead! (Marty,I'm not sure if they sell it in Australia though.But who knows?They might have something like it!). I was GOING to include the web address for it,but I didn't want you all thinking it was a virus. (I don't give people viruses hokay?)

King Jim

Reaction score
I just started Weight Watchers and it's worth it. I'm now starting to lose weight already.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I just started Weight Watchers and it's worth it. I'm now starting to lose weight already.
That's GREAT bhs!:smile:

(Be careful of the WW food they sell in the stores though.It has a lot of sodium & that's not good for you.)

King Jim

Reaction score
That's GREAT bhs!:smile:

(Be careful of the WW food they sell in the stores though.It has a lot of sodium & that's not good for you.)
Thank you Katzi428. I have a Weight watchers app on my ipod and I can eat almost anything I want as long as I keep track of my points. I wish the best to you as well.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Something is tickling the back of my memory telling me I might have written this somewhere here before or something very like it, if thats the case Ill throw this here anyhow because its relavent...

I can offer some advice, I pretty much go to the gym 7 days a week now and have been off hand studying and applying nutrition concepts for almost 3 years... I have come along way myself...

1. I think a lot of girls think that to lose weight you have to eat less. Thats not true. If you eat less your body adapts and starts storing food as fat quicker so it can use it for energy later while your starving yourself. It is very important to eat at least 6 times a day on a nutrition plan. Eating at least 6 times a day, smaller meals, sky rockets your metabolisim which helps you burn fat effectively. Think of food as fuel and your body as an engine, the more fuel it gets (good fuel) the better its going to run. You dont have to have a big meals over to course of the day, but you do have to eat frequently.

2. Those 6 meals have to accumulate to a healthy calorie deficit if your to lose weight. That is, less calories than you would normally consume in the day. No brainer here... once those calories are used your body looks for other means of energy, namely fat, and burns these sources when everything you have eaten is used...

3. A healthy calorie deficit consists of a balanced diet. The less processed your food is, the better. That is, the less your food is played with and altered before consuption, the easier it is for your body to break down the food in your system. Try using spices and the like instead of sauces to flavour your food. If your trying to lose weight, limit your sugars and stop your carbohydate intake by about 4 or 5 pm. Carbs are the main energy source in the body and you need them early in the day to get moving, but any carbs unused during the day will turn to fat at night when your sleeping, so we cut them off early to make sure theres none in the system by the time we call it a night. This does not include fiberous carbs found in veggies, they are more than fine to eat any time.

4. While eating frequently during the day keeps your metabolism high, it is not enough. You have to train at least 3 times a week to keep healthy, active and strong. Cardio is all good girls, you'll burn fat that way for sure, but make sure to weight train aswell and work on being lean. Guys, skip the cardio altogether, hit the weights, cardio will burn some muscle as well as fat and thats no good for us.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's awesome, Kathy! Great job! Losing weight is the most difficult thing ever.

My 2010 resolutions were to lose weight and be more creaive. I have been pumping out art and pumping the weights. I'm down 30 pounds myself.

For the most part, it's good old fashioned exercise and healthy eating. I had a week stint in late January where I got off the wagon and pigged out, but I've been back on the health kick now for over 2 weeks again, but I haven't checked the scale since before my brief junk food binge.

I used to work construction, so not only was I thin, but I was in serious physical shape too. I don't mean to brag, but I had a nice body. Then I got a desk job and ballooned waaaaay up. I know that I won't get my construction body back, but I'm just hoping for something I'm comfortable with when I hit the beach this summer.

I still need to drop another 20-25 though, but I'm confident I can do it.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I tend to lose fights with weight, LOL. Instead, I try to focus more on fat-vs-muscle, toning, strength and endurance.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Had a nasty flu for about a month so i took a break from my 2010 diet plans focusing more on getting lots of healthy stuff in my body and continual warm liquids down my throat but since i recovered i picked up where i left off and am now down to 240 (coming down from a high of 258).

Katzi428

Reaction score
Had a nasty flu for about a month so i took a break from my 2010 diet plans focusing more on getting lots of healthy stuff in my body and continual warm liquids down my throat but since i recovered i picked up where i left off and am now down to 240 (coming down from a high of 258).
Sorry you were sick dw :sympathy: But at least you lost 18 pounds.:smile:
I started to answered to answer everyone's replies before,but got distracted So I'm going to start over.:
11thUrRu...I can't go to any gym around here because I can't drive. (plus I'm handicapped)For exercise. I walk twice a day.
Vic (Dave) : Thank you on the congrats! Congrats go to you as well for dropping 30 pounds! Yeah..desk jobs are tough when you're trying to lose weight. My last job was a desk job.And the place was always having parties :rolleyes:. (Needless to say,there were a LOT of obese people there.)
Kelly: I was the same way about losing fights with weight. It always seemed to me that whenever I said I was going on a diet,my mom would start making fattening stuff. But not this time.Good idea about fat vs.muscle,toning strength & endurance.