Traveling Matt postcard fanfic: Dog Shows

animalrescuer

Reaction score
This Traveling Matt fanfic features Uncle Matt walking through the hustle and bustle of a dog show. If this were featured in Fraggle Rock, it would be the Westminster dog show in the US and Crufts dog show in the UK.

Dear, Nephew Gobo,
The other day, I found myself walking amogst a large meeting place where silly creatures and the furry four-legged creatures congregate. There were many types of furry creatures, big ones (Great Danes), small ones (Chihuahuas), some with lots of hair (Old English Sheepdogs), some with no hair at all (Chinese Cresteds), some that fit in the laps of the silly creatures (Pugs), and some that drool (Mastiffs). Yuck! As I observed more, I noticed that the furry creatures were pulling the silly creatures at the end of a long rope. I suppose this shows that these creatures lead the silly creatures around one place and for some reason, they get rewarded with ribbons and trophies. It's bizarre behavior, but I guess that's the way things go in a place where these furry creatures rule.
Silly creatures, you never know what they'll do next.
Love, your Uncle Traveling Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hehe! "Furry creatures rule."

I like it. I hope you do more. I had thought of doing something like this, but never could figure out how to do it well.

JanicePepper

Reaction score
Heh-heh! Cute and funny! I had a mental image of Sprocket wanting to be in a dog show. He's described as being a sheepdog, but he looks more like a Schnauzer to me.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I have to say I disagree with the wiki. I've never seen a sheepdog look like Sprocket. However, now that we've started going to dog parks, I've seen at least two dogs that are so much dead ringers for Sprocket I expected Gobo to be tagging along, LOL.

I submit the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon is a much better choice for Sprocket's breed.

Back on topic, that was totally Matt, LOL. It's extremely hard for me to think like Matt when I write him, but it's rewarding if you can pull it off.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
LOL! Nice one here! :big_grin:
I love how Matt describes the dogs as furry creatures! :drool:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This Traveling Matt fanfic features Uncle Matt walking through the hustle and bustle of a dog show. If this were featured in Fraggle Rock, it would be the Westminster dog show in the US and Crufts dog show in the UK.

Dear, Nephew Gobo,
The other day, I found myself walking amogst a large meeting place where silly creatures and the furry four-legged creatures congregate. There were many types of furry creatures, big ones (Great Danes), small ones (Chihuahuas), some with lots of hair (Old English Sheepdogs), some with no hair at all (Chinese Cresteds), some that fit in the laps of the silly creatures (Pugs), and some that drool (Mastiffs). Yuck! As I observed more, I noticed that the furry creatures were pulling the silly creatures at the end of a long rope. I suppose this shows that these creatures lead the silly creatures around one place and for some reason, they get rewarded with ribbons and trophies. It's bizarre behavior, but I guess that's the way things go in a place where these furry creatures rule.
Silly creatures, you never know what they'll do next.
Love, your Uncle Traveling Matt
Lol! Dogs as furry creatures. The Fraggles definetely call the dog Sprocket "hairy monster." Yes, there are some things they know that we don't understand. Great job, vettech28!