timelife discs

Brad

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anybody tested the dvd's from timelife for the Muppet Show.

Are they region free?

Any help in this area would be great

Brad.

Thog

Reaction score
No, they aren't region free. They are for the US and Canada only.

But you can get DVD players that can play all regions.

Dan

uncleduke

Reaction score
Actually the Time Life discs appear to be region free. I have picked them up for relatives (mine in Europe and my wive's in China)
None of them have had trouble with them, and I don't think any of them have a region free player.
I would buy one, and make sure it works before you proceed.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here's my question: which brand would you recommend? Columbia Tristar or Time Life? Which one of the two has the better benefits? What does one brand have that the other one doesn't?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I believe the only difference is that the Columbia Tristar discs contain commercials for other Columbia Tristar products. And there's a slight difference in menu layout, but that's about it. There was talk about the CT discs having subtitles, but just like the TimeLife versions, I don't believe they do.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hi Brad-

It would be wise to invest in the TimeLife DVDs, because Columbia TriStar is only releasing a few each year. If they don't sell well, CT may halt their production and the rest of the series of discs won't be released.

TimeLife will give you all 15 discs right now and, as previously stated, there is virtually no difference between the two. :wink:

- Billy :cool:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all the extras are the same (except for the CT non-Muppet commercials as mentioned earlier).

Hope this helps :smile:

- Billy :cool:

Thog

Reaction score
I really don't understand what problems people have ordering them from Time Life. I know some people thought that you had to sign up for a club type thing, but you can just buy them one at a time, they will not send them to you monthly. And you can get codes to get money off your order. I've been getting them here and there, depending on how much money I have.

Dan

The Dreamer

Reaction score
I know oner problem with TimeLife... they don't ship the Muppet Show DVDs to Canada. Big bummer.

However, the CT DVD are available at retail store here.