Happy 5th Birthday Muppet Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
Happy Birthday (again!!!.... so Soon!!!)

Congratulations Phillip!!! I've been pottering about for three years now and I can't believe how gorgeous the site now looks (Jamie, I was playing with the animated Fraggles on the banner for a good coupla minutes the other day- freakin' fantastic work!!) I'm so glad there are still so many friendly people old and new on the forums that make the site still essential visiting. I still read the forum at least every other day, but because I know how easily I can get immersed and let the internet gobble up chunks of time I can't afford at work, I don't post when I should; Just want ya to know that I'm supporting ya all all the way; Thanks for all the effort and love that keeps MC alive

Here's to the next 55!

Jamie B :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Re: WEE! 5 Years!! We gettin' OLD!

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I think Muppet Central has lived up to the mission of Jim Henson that, while we do have our differences, ultimately we all come together as a family as fans of the JHC productions, not to mention exploding penguins.
Man, couldnt have said that better myself! All in all, *this*, what Kev just said is the message here.

Ok...now my turn!

First off, congrats on 5 years(wow that is a long time net wise!)
Phil! You single handedly brought together and formed a cohesive community and nexus for Muppet fans...met your wife as a result, hosted a kick butt get together at Muppetfest, got heavily plugged at said fest(and even mentioned by Jerry, Rizzo, and Clifford!), and got a wink wink reference from Kermit himself on national tv. Not bad I say!

And you gotta give it up for Phil. Who else has taken so much garbage and grief from people yet remained standing tall and
cool about it through it all?

Now then...here my little story of MC...

As y'all know Ive been a big Muppet fan literlaly since befor eI can remember...so naturally when I got net access for the first time in 1997 one of th ebig things I would do is look for Muppet pictures, show synopsis, and other related stuff. So I had been searching far and wide for a community, mailing list, something. I found a Land of Gorch and Dark Crystal fan site, lots of ill refute Sesame satire sites, but no real all encompassing Muppet site. Then in the Fall of 1998, I happened upon www.geocities.com/muppetcentral.
And this is when my rekindled Muppet mania realy got into high gear. It was around this time I discovered the joys of ebay, and tape trading.

the Fall of 1998 was a magical time on Muppet Central. On chat thered by Jerry Nelson, as well as other folks who had just wrapped up Muppets From Space. It was just an all around great time. And again, Muppetfest, wow...I seriously had the time of my life there...haning out with DW, Tom, Kev, Dave, Rafia, etc and the Muppets/Muppeteers! Was really just too surreal and the greatest time ever.

I wont lie, there was some rough spots here and there(chat flame wars, post flame wars, all out flame wars) but all in all
I am very grateful for MC and what Phil has done for the Muppet community. Say what ya want about the guy, but there is no denying Phil's overall impact for all of us fans in bringing us together. Unlike most genre fans, we are a small and special breed, so its great to have had a little place to hang up your coat and talk. While I didnt really meet any friends ast first, I have since become pretty good friends online with some folks so Im very grateful as well about that.

I do think Muppetfest was MC's last big moment of glory, but Im hoping the site can perhaps broaden its horizons when the time comes. Perhaps some may say MC is in a bit of a lull now...however I believe the same can be said for JHC and the Muppet brand in general right now. Its a bit of an uncertain time what with the buyout and show looming...but one way or another things will turn around I believe.

So again, thanks Phil for all youve done, bringing everyone together...and giving us all a little place to congregate and be nutty! In an alternate world ala Very Muppet Christmas, I'd hate to envision an online world where MC had never been!
May the future for all of us Muppet fans be bright and magnificant.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I go here every day even if i don't I always go on freetime at school!
THIS IS MY FAVORITE SITE!
from
BARRY LEE

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUPPET CENTRAL!!
this really is the best muppet site ever and i think it will always be.
You guys rock! Thanks for being great.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Phil!!

Hey Phil,

I just wanan let u know that I put up a "Happy Birthday MC" thing on My Disney web site! I took a Muppet Pic from ya, HOPE thats fine with ya? heres the URL: http://disneyguy85.tripod.com/disney Happy B-day MC!!!.

How did I find MC? well... I was on yahoo seaching up "Disney Muppets" and It tolk me right to here, Muppet Central!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He he he. You chose the pic I mocked up at the last minute. :wink:

Jaga828

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central!

Hello Cast,
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!! I am so happy that you guys have such love for the Muppets to devote so much time and energy in running this great site! To all the fans who keep everything going, I thank you for your continued love of Jim Henson's dream. I've been a member for about a year, and unfortunately don't have many posts, but I adore coming to Muppet Central and seeing all the updates, news, tributes, and fan input. This is a truly great family, and I wish us many many more years together!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

"Getting there is half the fun; come share it with me!"

Gonzo14

Reaction score
1) I was looking on Yahoo, all the sites listed under "Muppets"
2) Unlike other sites Muppet Central keeps frequent updates to Muppet News
3)Give us the Same Great Service you have in the Past :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Happy 5th Birthday Muppet Central!!!:smile: :smile:

1)I first found out about Muppet Central by searching the internet.

2)I really enjoyed this website because I am a fan of the Muppets.

3)I don't know what else this site should have,but I think Muppet Central will always remain the COOLEST and wonderful fan site.

...The Muppets Rule!!!

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :smile: :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.