Palisades Board Refugee Camp

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you wait till Fright-day the 24th? Cause that's when the contest's scheduled to end, unless this server problem persists to the weekend, hextending the deadline.
BTW: Why did that thread suddenly ballon up? And is the Muppet Labs movie trailer causing the thread's slow download time?
Well, thanks and have a haunted day.

MM-III

Reaction score
The Count said:
And is the Muppet Labs movie trailer causing the thread's slow download time?
Well, thanks and have a haunted day.

That shouldn't cause any problems because my movie is on my own web space. I only posted a link at palisades. More likely, it's all the images that are on the contest thread, which directly uses Palisades web space... It always happens whenever we do a contest over there.

uncleduke

Reaction score
The Count said:
....unless this server problem persists to the weekend, hextending the deadline.
I am pretty certain - not 100% mind you - that the deadline is the deadline, and would not be extended under any circumstances. I remember on previous contests Ken mentioned in the rules that it was a "you snooze, you lose" situation - so anyone sitting on their entry should enter when they can, and not wait till the last minute.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, you guys. Yeah, the deadline's the deadline. But there have been allowances due to server troubles in the past, and there might be such allowances now, but the deadline would be only so far as an announcement to that regard has been made.
Hope this helps and have a haunted day.

PS: Just so you know, I'm not competing, only collecting and posting the descripts of the entries for everyone else to enjoy along with the images.

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
Yeah, Ken said that even with technical website difficulties, the contest ends friday at noon. That means I might be hosed. I've been working like a madman to get my entry finished, but it's taking forever. I hope the site is up and working before Wednesday night. I'm leaving town Thursday and only have until Wednesday to finish my entry and get it posted, Dang!!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
These down times don't last too long anymore. It will probably be back up by tomarrow afternoon at the latest.

But, I could be full of it.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
This could be the worst of times.... maybe this is the time they finally look for a new server and find it on Saturday, only to be able to transfer all the post over on Monday. Then we're all in a world of.... postlessness.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Oh yeah, found Jim finally. I had to play with my contrast. Can't see it if it's too high.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Could be worse, I'm a member of the animejump forums, and I've had to re-register THREE TIMES because the site keeps getting purged and losing all posts and posters. And half the time it's down, anyway. Makes me angry. :mad: :grouchy: :boo: Grrrrrr........