If new Muppet action figures were made, which characters would you like to see?

muppzd

Reaction score
I would like to see some more Muppet monsters like
Doglion
Luncheon Counter Monster
Beautiful day monster
Gorgon Heap
Thog
Behemoth
Mulch
I would also like to see some lesser known muppets like
Hilda
Frackles
Wayne and Wanda
Nigel (Both)
and...
Bean Bunny
Clueless
Mad Monty
Lewis Kazzager
Fleet Scribbler
Bubba the rat
and tinfoil suit Gonzo (from Muppets from space):big_grin::concern:

dwmckim

Reaction score
That's a pretty interesting question to consider actually because it would be a situation akin to EFX picking up the Muppet replica niche after MR wasn't able to continue - a largely successful product line that garnered raves from both the fanbase and industry gets picked up later by a different company. How do you (a) top the quality of what's come before and (b) how do you satisfy the mix of the core classic characters that were previously done and characters not yet released...since Palisades got so many minor and fan fave characters included, that's a hard act to follow!

I'm sure Miss Piggy would be high priority if such a new line existed - not only is she a "top gun" but there never was a Piggy Palisades figure that matched the quality of its other figures - the original was when they were in the "learning curve" and when they did a better Piggy, it was in Pigs in Space mode - so there's one dropped opportunity to pick up on.

Would love to see Sal, Bobo, Lewis Kazagger, Nigel (conducter), Big Mean Carl, Mildred (once a pipe dream but maybe a bit more plausable as RL usually manages to squeeze her into each issue of TMS Comic Book and was also in Robin Hood) and Mahna Mahna (he got the pvc treatment but not action figureized). Would also like to see Link out of his PIS costume.

muppzd

Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot about Big Mean Carl:smile:

ohtherain

Reaction score
I want:
Sal Minella
New Piggy
New Statler and Waldorf (two-pack?)
Theater playset
Robin the Frog non-scout
Bobo
Thog (this probably won't happen, but we can dream?)
New Gonzo and Sam the Eagle based on recent puppet rebuilds
Veterinarian's Hospital playset/figures
Big Mean Carl
New naked Rowlf
George the Janitor

Dearth

Reaction score
Part of me wishes new figures would be made, but part of me would honestly get depressed... I've begun customizing Muppet figures again mainly because it was 'safe' since the company was defunct. I got burned too many times on Star Wars customising because Hasbro would eventually bring out the characters that I thought were safely obscure.

Having said that, I do wish the Sesame Street line had seen production. (Poor Super Grover is a tad lonely.) And the Fraggle Rock offshoot would have been nice.

But I think the real opportunities for a new product line would be with the characters who are perfect 'companion pieces' to Palisades figures who seem oddly alone: Patrol Bear Fozzie, Johnny Fiama, etc.

I have done two custom "Sgt. Link" figures, one for myself and one as a commission, so I know there's a demand for him. And I'm currently contemplating hand-sculpting a Sal Minella from scratch (possibly even having a mold made of my original so I can engineer the articulation in the recast).

Let's see... The Vet's Hospital trio are also on my personal custom list, along with a custom playset. (Have the extra figures ready, just at a loss how to fashion their scrubs from a more flexible material.)

But had the big P actually produced any of those figures, they'd have been no-brainer purchases for me.

From the Muppets Tonight era, I'd like to see Bobo the Bear, and call me kooky, but I would also want a Gary Cahuenga action figure. His accessory would of course be a repaint of Robin's steamer trunk.

Oh, 'naked' Robin would be another great choice. I customized one, but it was not an easy sculpt, and I never did match the paint to my liking.

And I want them to finally make the proposed accessory packs, for the little aliens seen in the Jonathan Winters episode, plus you can never have too many chickens.

DN

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is what Disney should do:

Disney should create a line of small figures for all of their licenses and brand them as collectible. (This is the way to get those avid Disney collectors into the mix and create a successful series complete with obscure characters.)

One of these lines would the The Muppets! Pixar would be another one, Disney animated classics would have one and even Marvel could have one too.

The figures would be no smaller than 1.5 inches (for rats and penguins) and no larger than 5 inches (for monsters) but the average Muppet sizes would range between 2.5-3 inches tall. They would have very limited articulation: neck and arms, possibly waist and legs joints.

They would be sold in case sets of 4 characters between an SRP of 12.99-24.99. Popular characters like Kermit and Fozzie could be sold as singles at an SRP under 9.99. This makes it more beneficial to buy into the sets while people who just want a Kermit don't have to get a lot of unwanted Muppets.

The assortments would generally have:
1 Main Muppet: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal etc
1 Supporting Muppet: Sam, Dr. Teeth, Bunsen, Scooter etc
1 Small Muppet: Camilla, Robin, Penguin, Pepe, Rizzo etc
1 Muppet Monster: Sweetums, Thog, Luncheon Counter, Carl etc.

4 sets would come out a year and the line would keep going. Main characters would always be available for sale as single purchases, but would be redressed to keep the original ones more valuable for collectors.

Just imagine a set of Gonzo, Camilla, Doglion and Sam or Kermit, Robin, Sweetums and Floyd or Fozzie, Pepe, Dr. Teeth and Luncheon Counter Monster. Cool, huh? And the thing is, Muppet fans would collect these just as much as uber Disney collectors. It just is important that the scuplts be good! Kind of like quality PVCs with attractive paint aps and a few swivel joints. No accessories are really needed, but could be included. A flat cardboard backdrop could be included behind them in the packaging. I like this idea. It's do-able and the only real way to get some of the weirder Muppets.

What do you think? I sometimes hope Disney is watching these threads, but they are in some financial trouble these days. Who knows what they can afford?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Absolutely awesome idea! Total cosign. Where do i sign up? Placing pre-pre-order now!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome idea! Total cosign. Where do i sign up? Placing pre-pre-order now!
This sort of plan wouldn't tread on the Palisades line because of the different scaling. It would also keep the ball rolling by maintaining Kermit and the core gang as available for purchase throughout the line's run.

Palisades suffered from weird waves and the fact that key characters were always hidden away as expensive exclusives. Beaker only came with a playset, Convention tux exlusive or Super Beaker exclusive. Animal only came in his playset at the beginning of the line, the Convention tour exclusive or as a retail exclusive at the end of the line. Too much was devoted to playsets, accessories and articulation. They were wonderful and it's amazing they got us the amount of characters that they did, but this new proposed method can really go the distance under the Disney merchandising banner and sold in their stores. I look at what they're doing with vinylmation and it's amazing how popular even the ugly designs have become.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If we were in the same room, i would totally kiss you right now.

Disney, are you listening? How many goats do i need to sacrifice to make this happen?

(Oh, and speaking of goats, i forgot to add Clueless Morgan on my list!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can't you see something like this in Disney stores, on their site and in the parks?

This is just a 10 minute package mock-up of what I'm talking about. Kermit's about 3 inches, Luncheon Counter is a little over 4inches. Of course it would look much different with different assortments and combinations. Too many heavy-hitters in this one. Basically these would be nice, posed PVCs with a few swivel joints.