Loretta Long Struck by a Car

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any new updates? Here's hoping she has a complete recovery. It's such a sad story.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Coincidentally, last weekend an acquaintance of mine was struck by a car as she crossed the street. The driver never stopped.

Everyone, be careful. Just because "pedestrians have the right-of-way," that doesn't mean everyone will adhere to the rule.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. This thread hasn't been updated in a while so I don't know how Loretta's doing. Hopefully she'll be better by the time next season starts, or have they already started filming that before this happened?

Everyone, be careful. Just because "pedestrians have the right-of-way," that doesn't mean everyone will adhere to the rule.
I agree with that. A lot of times I'd be walking down the road and I'd see cars zooming by seeming like the people aren't looking where there going, most likely because they're talking on cell phones while they drive and not watching the road.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We as pedestrians have a whole bunch of rules to follow, too. I, for one, do not plan to play 'chicken' with a 2500-pound block of metal and motor, especially considering that someone may be looking at a billboard or advertisement on the side of a bus stop.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I hope she recovers. I bet a lot of the Cast Members were shocked by this.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
yes, she's fully recovered! you wouldn't even know she had been injured. heck, you wouldn't even know she's been on tv for 40 years--she hasn't changed a bit. although one kid did guess that she had been on Sesame Street for 500 years. she said sometimes it feels like that long, especially when people don't know their lines and they have to do lot of takes. :attitude: :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, StreetScenes. After all, you know she's in every episode of each season and they couldn't continue the show without here. :smile: Just kidding, but it would be nice to see her more often. Glad she's doing better.