PETA at Westminster

Drtooth

Reaction score
LOL, I remember reading that on Pokemon forums. Morons.
I ONLY support anime (and games) where the characters fight each other... mainly because they're a LOT more interesting that way. Saint Seyia > Yu-Gi-Oh.
We did. And then we co-opted fire to (coincidentally) make it healthier to do so. We have pointy teeth (some of them, anyway) and no gizzards or multiple stomachs. We are not herbivores. Diet is strictly a choice (aside from medical necessity).
Yeah, historically speaking, denying the animal's role in helping humans survive is to rewrite history. You could say, sure, we've lost the need to be survivalists and no longer need to use animals in that very same way. But when the human race was starting up, animal hides and meat helped humans to not completely die out. As soon as we learned how to make clothes out of other materials, then we lost all need for pelts. Meat's a choice thing now... but when plant life was scarce (long harsh winters) it really wasn't.

We can try to live without them (by choice) now, but again, not thousands of years ago.

I have a degree in it. It's sometimes schadenfreude (I can't help singing the song after watching Ave Q, LOL), but from what I've read, the biggest part of it is that humans are attracted to disaster because it alerts us that something dangerous is in the area. It doesn't matter if it's real or not. It's why people slow at wrecks, watch horror, etc. People who ignored the BIG PAW PRINTS tended to get eaten by the lion.
I could really go on about that. I'm NOT one of those people who loardes anything over anyone worse off than myself, I HATE reality TV's ability to do that, and I don't even like AFV. Somehow I tend to think people WANT to be worried because if they don't worry, they worry that there's nothing to worry about meaning there IS something to worry about they don't know. And as far as news is concerned, they exaggerate things to spread fear, as responsible and ethical as they are.

So my belief on this one is that when you show or report about an extreme, it does nothing but galvanize the opposing side... again, an extreme will breed an opposing extreme and eliminate ANY and ALL middle ground.

I just wanna see someone start up an alternative to PETA and ALF (not the alien, the crap I find looking UP the alien online). Someone who says "Yes, you eat something I don't like myself, I don't support you're lifestyle, but I don't demonize you for it." All the while going after idiots that set fire to animals to put the videos on youtube. That's the kind of horrid disdain the human race has for each other.

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Living with the land

PETA also support animals living in nature as they were intended. ( Some eating meat )
I personally feel the same way with the native aborigines and traditional owners of the land. They all lived with nature.

We still live with nature. When I eat anything, I give thanks to the animals and plants who gave their lives to feed me and my family. If we must hunt( because of hard times), we make sure to eat all of the deer or rabbit or whatever is caught. No one takes too much of anything, plant or animal.
The ways have not really changed all that much for people who follow the Red Road. Please do not put Native peoples in the past tense.

Wa-do ( thank you)
your friend,
Kitt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I find activism to be a wonderful thing, but not when it becomes anti-social. Some people even go so far to call mankind evil.

Jim Henson has two quotes that seem to apply:

"If our 'message' is anything, it's a positive approach to life. That life is basically good. People are basically good."

"At some time in my life I decided, rightly or wrongly, that there are many situations in this life that I can't do much about: acts of terrorism, feelings of nationalistic prejudice, cold war, etc. So what I should do is concentrate on the situations that my energy can affect."

Jim inspired, he didn't lecture, prosthelytize or manipulate by fear. He listened, considered and shared. My temperament isn't quite that patient.

Jim is not on record supporting PETA. He wore leather, ate meat and even Kermit’s collar is reportedly suede. However, he did support wildlife organizations and the environment was very important to him.

I just think that extreme beliefs can stand in the way of possible, pragmatic change for the better. People hear some of the strange propaganda from PETA about fish being the “sea’s kittens” and as a result they shut out the more reasoned messages involving the horrors of puppy mills, hazardous wildlife disruptions and the gruesome tactics of the fur industry. Face it, people are going to eat hamburgers, wear leather belts and have pets. The key is to ensure the highest ethics behind all of these inevitabilities. PETA causes all animal causes to be painted with one brush.