My Puppets on The View

Jinx

Reaction score
I agree. The puppeteering wasn't great by any means, but I have seen worse...

Congrats, StaceyRebecca! So glad to see one of our own being well-represented!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
awesome n congrats! Next time u sell yer puppets, u should maybe suggest to the ppl buying them, to look up "how to" videos to learn how to perform a puppet. This way when they get famous, your puppets look so much better lol

muppetfan89

Reaction score
that's great! You did an excellent job capturing the likness of the hosts.

the puppetry work isn't that bad, could be better, but it wasn't bad.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I saw this! I was actually home, and they looked great!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

My mom called to tell me how proud she was of me & how upset she was by the bad the manipulation. (Moms are great!)

Cookie, good idea! I usually include tips about displaying & storing the puppets, but giving a little written (or pictorial) instruction would be cute, too. :smile:

All of my non-puppetry friends have been commenting on the manipulation being not-so-hot before I get a chance (my biggest sadness is with the hair! gaah), so while there might be worse manipulation out there, I'm glad to know that the majority of people I know seem to have been exposed to excellent puppetry skills. I think that's a good sign!

And honestly, I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again here... I'm super stinking glad they were used & appreciated & well received--even with all of the (minor) things I would have changed!

My husband came home from work & watched it with me, & when the audience applauded he said "honey, they're clapping for YOU!" And while that might not be 100% true, even if it's 20% true, it's pretty cool!

mummytomb

Reaction score
Impressed?
Yes.
Sad about the lack of imagination put into the production?
Yes.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
lack of imagination to the hilt. We actually sent them videos of us doing the exact same thing (different clip), but we only had 4 of the ladies because there were only 2 puppeteers available (me & my friend Brianna, who made the costumes)...But Etsy filmed it in my back room when they did the piece about me last February.

Our version included a felt blackberry.