Was the original "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" in season 33?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Remind me, did the original version of I Don't Want to Live on the Moon re-run again on an episode from season 33 because I could have swarn I've seen the full version of it there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quite possibly... all I can remember is that they kept using that really bad duet with that guy who sounds like he swallowed a sheep recently.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
That's right they've been playing the Aaron Neville version on a season 34 episode, 4073, 4117 and recently up to date 4165.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Quite possibly... all I can remember is that they kept using that really bad duet with that guy who sounds like he swallowed a sheep recently.
Is that how you achieve good harmony? By swallowing sheep?

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I know he's an accomplished artist and all but I've never been a fan of Aaron Neville's voice or his singing style. IMO all of his runs and yodeling took away from the simplicity of the song... I think that's why I loved the original version in the first place: it was Ernie quietly and simply pondering and eventually discovering that he loves where he is right now the most.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who was that women who Ernie sang an actual duet of "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" with on Elmopalooza? She made the song just as beautiful and haunting as it should be. it leaves my almost misty eyed, just like the original. Aaron's terrible singing voice (I challenge anyone who claims he sings beautifully) ruins the song with his half woman half sheep in an earthquake voice. it's such a shame that the original was was passed on to a forced duet with someone who has an established career of sounding like nails on a chalkboard.

ohtherain

Reaction score
Shawn Colvin, and I completely agree that version was beautiful. I would love to see that show up in some current episodes.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I sometimes wish Ernie could sing it with either Zoe or Abby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm the only one who has to say this, but even if you have someone with a beautiful voice who does it wonderfully, I don't think the song needs to be a duet by any stretch. It really seems to be a purely Ernie song, and it speaks to his wacky imaginative side in a soft, quiet, reflective sort of way. I really think this song is better suited to be Ernie's signature character song than Rubber Duckie.

I think duets take away from that, even the good Shawn Colvin version. It seems to say that he would love to be something else, but he's happy to be himself, and where he is. Sort of like "Imagine That" but, again, more reflective.

Java

Reaction score
I'm the only one who has to say this, but even if you have someone with a beautiful voice who does it wonderfully, I don't think the song needs to be a duet by any stretch. It really seems to be a purely Ernie song, and it speaks to his wacky imaginative side in a soft, quiet, reflective sort of way. I really think this song is better suited to be Ernie's signature character song than Rubber Duckie.

I think duets take away from that, even the good Shawn Colvin version. It seems to say that he would love to be something else, but he's happy to be himself, and where he is. Sort of like "Imagine That" but, again, more reflective.
I agree. This is one of my all time favorite Ernie songs, in fact I'm watching it every week on you tube so that I'll be able to sing it to my child come October.