Canadian Brass and Muppet Music?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of The Canadian Brass, and have always been inspired by their versatility.

I recently found out they also appeared on Sesame Street at some time. I heard this brief interview where they mention working with the "Sesame people". I know someone who has worked with them in the past and claims that at one point in time, they played Muppet music at their concerts.

I have been to several Canadian Brass concerts, I've met them twice, and I own about a dozen of their albums, but I wasn't aware of their Muppet involvement.

Has anyone ever heard them cover any Muppet music, or know what they may have covered?

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I have not heard them cover any Muppet music either. I knew they appeared on SS, but I was unaware of any other Muppety connections. I am also a huge Canadian Brass fan (they're amazing), and I would also be very interested to hear anything further anyone may know about their involvement with Muppets/Muppet music.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i don't know if they ever covered any muppet music...

but i saw them this past december & i told Gene Watts (the trombonist) that I had just been watching their Sesame Street appearances. he said they taped 10 or 12 segments when they were on, so i know there's more than what sesamestreet.org has put up....

as for potential muppet music...they do all their own arrangements, and they said several times on and off stage that they always welcome suggestions for pieces to play & you should contact them through their website if you have ideas. man, now you've got me imagining them doing rainbow connection...so pretty...i wish it wasn't just in my head...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
From what I'm to understand, TCB met Lee Norris at Sesame Street and he formed a relationship with them and went on to write a fair amount of music for them. I can't find anything really on the MuppetWiki about Mr. Norris other then that he arranged some music for Sesame Street back in the 70s.

My friend who had worked with them in the past was friends with Jens Lindemann who's no longer in the band (and was not a member back when they played on Sesame Street either), has told me that Mr. Lindemann once jokingly played The Muppet Show theme when he was warming up in front of a large group of people.