Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, as someone who's fantasized this for a very long time, I MUST have these comics now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that extra info Amy. The reason why I asked my initial question is, well—the same reason why I haven't bought any comics, Muppet or otherwise—visual impediment which I like to call my "blind batty eyes".

In spite of that, I wish everyone involved with the endeavor nothing but loads of success. And hope Dave will get another cover or issue or full story arc down the line.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am super dooper stunned and pleased and SO excited for this! Congratulations to Amy and Aaron and Roger and the whole creative team! Adding Skeeter into the mix is something that fan-fiction writers have done from the start and honestly I never thought we'd ever see it happen for real. Amy, you are utterly right though, another female character really should exist within the Muppets, and why make a whole new one when an old one can be reintroduced?

Bea:zany:{*with a new fictional crush*}regard

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'm still a little disappointed this got out before release day (we were SO excited and wanted to keep it secret until the issue was completely out), I'm very happy you guys like the return of the Prodigal Twin.
I'd blame Comic Book resources. :wisdom:

But I said this before in the other thread, so I'll just add onto it.

Special thanks to our friends at the Muppets Studio for letting us do it!
That line may not sound important to anyone else, but I feel it is. I mean, sure... we've all read fan fics where Skeeter appears in the show somehow. But let's face it... it's still fan fiction. You could have Batman, Wolverine and Goku have a three way brawl in the Muppet theater and it wouldn't seem strange. James Bond could show up... it's basically a nice "what if?" situation but it still is just that. Muppet Studios and the team that works with the Muppets supervise the content of these characters. They could have easily said "No way! Skeeter doesn't fit into Muppet Canon, and we have no desire to put a Muppet babies [read- Cartoon] character into the series at all."

We have to realize... this is the FIRST OFFICIAL (and I have to stress that) project that has a Grown up version of Skeeter. Oh sure... we had the cartoon image of her on an obscure, regional fast food promotion... and she was sorta kinda Drawn into the background of some kid's book. No. This is OFFICIAL. It may seem like a comic and a piece of merchandise to some, but I feel a comic book is a project in and of itself, especially nowadays.

And I was kinda kidding about the Fan service comment. I'm absolutely thrilled to have her acknowledged somehow. And NO trying to fit anything into a big canon. Nothing hooks up right and you'll just go crazy trying to force it together.

Amy

Reaction score
While it's tempting to think this is an OFFICIAL RETURN, bear in mind that BOOM! is not Disney, we're just a licensee. Disney still retain the right to do whatever they want with the characters and they certainly don't have to take anything WE do in the comics as official canon unless they want to.
So until someone from Disney proper officially states 'Skeeter is legitimately part of current Muppet canon', just take our comic story as a very lucky, fortunate diversion for Muppet lovers.

What happens after this is wide open.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
While it's tempting to think this is an OFFICIAL RETURN, bear in mind that BOOM! is not Disney, we're just a licensee. Disney still retain the right to do whatever they want with the characters and they certainly don't have to take anything WE do in the comics as official canon unless they want to.
So until someone from Disney proper officially states 'Skeeter is legitimately part of current Muppet canon', just take our comic story as a very lucky, fortunate diversion for Muppet lovers.

What happens after this is wide open.
This is been re-iterated multiple times, but it deserves another say: This is EPIC.

I have to wonder, if this takes off well enough, if Henson/Disney will actually finally make a Skeeter muppet.

(BTW, major kudos if anyone pulls off a Nanny reference in this comic. Yeah it would be cheesy, but if done in a clever enough fashion, it might work...)

dmoss

Reaction score
I definitely think it has the potential to open the doors for a Skeeter Muppet...how neat would that be? This comic can be the doorway to that, as it will breathe new life into the fans suggestions and requests that she be included with the Family. How exciting! Here's to the new comic, and here's to Skeeter! :wink:

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
(BTW, major kudos if anyone pulls off a Nanny reference in this comic. Yeah it would be cheesy, but if done in a clever enough fashion, it might work...)
You're going to be very happy with this arc.

I, uh...I've said too much. :halo:

-A

dmoss

Reaction score
You're going to be very happy with this arc.

I, uh...I've said too much. :halo:

-A
No way! :big_grin: I can't even begin to believe it. I am so stoked for these stories, now. Man, for one glimpse of Nanny's sock...:embarrassed: