Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've finally gotten to a point of waiting to collect the trade paperbacks. Keeping up with the single issues for all of the titles now has become too challenging and costly. Is anyone else in the same boat? So much Muppety goodness is a nice problem to have! :smile:
Eh... not really. I manage to get the issues within a week. And it's only a 2 dollar or so difference between that and the Graphic novel. I definitely could stand to wait for some of their other licenses (I wait for sales to pick up other Boom comics). Otherwise I'd have to wait for some time... and that's even if I could find the GN reprints (haven't seen one since Muppet Robin Hood). of course, it is also an issue of space with me too... I would gladly jump at the chance to just get the novels as they are more compact, and you can read the story in one sitting, but there's just something about getting them issue by issue every month. I haven't sought comics on a regular basis since High School. That was 10 years ago for me. Sure, I'd pick up the occasional this or that... but never regularly.

Though when Boom's Darkwing Duck comes out, that's gonna be fun trying to get 2 Muppet comics, a Fraggle comic and that in a month. :smirk:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
A Darkwing Duck comic? Wow- hadn't seen anything for that property since Disney's mini-series back in the early '90s and the occasional appearances in "The Disney Afternoon". Cool- I've just recently been watching some of that cartoon too. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.:smile:
(But hey- if we're doing Disney modern classics, when are we gonna get some Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers and Talespin going?:big_grin:)

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Darkwing Duck comic? Wow- hadn't seen anything for that property since Disney's mini-series back in the early '90s and the occasional appearances in "The Disney Afternoon". Cool- I've just recently been watching some of that cartoon too. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.:smile:
(But hey- if we're doing Disney modern classics, when are we gonna get some Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers and Talespin going?:big_grin:)
It was plugged in the Muppet King Arthur thread.

And if you REALLY want Ducktales comics, I suggest buying the Uncle Scrooge series. There isn't any Webby, Launchpad, or Mrs. Beakly, and the Beagle Boys don't have individual personalities, but these comics are what Ducktales came from. They're every bit as good, in some cases better.

dmoss

Reaction score
I've finally gotten to a point of waiting to collect the trade paperbacks. Keeping up with the single issues for all of the titles now has become too challenging and costly. Is anyone else in the same boat? So much Muppety goodness is a nice problem to have! :smile:
I'm getting them in Trade Paper form, too! I came to the series late (like a few weeks ago), so I'm enjoying them all together, a little at a time. Will be getting the Treasure series here pretty soon, as it'll have to hold me over until the next one is released! :big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
And if you REALLY want Ducktales comics, I suggest buying the Uncle Scrooge series. There isn't any Webby, Launchpad, or Mrs. Beakly, and the Beagle Boys don't have individual personalities, but these comics are what Ducktales came from. They're every bit as good, in some cases better.
Oh yeah- I've seen this series out and I do enjoy those comics too. I've read some of the Carl Barks classics- the Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck comics are great. The DuckTales cartoon was such a great translation (for the most part) of those comics- I love both.:smile:

Jamie B

Reaction score
Oh, but from June for a 4-issue run, it WILL feature them - Boom are running with unpublished European and hard to find US DuckTales stories in the pages of Uncle Scrooge, all produced at the time of the TV series! Same 4 months as Darkwing's new comic - it'll be amazing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Admit it. You guys are trying to make me go bankrupt, aren't you? :big_grin:

Boy! Lucky I checked out 2 comic stores today. I managed to get both King Arthur and Family Reunion. I'm sure that we'd have seen Andy and Randy somehow in this series... I guess this is supposed to take place during the Muppet Show before Muppets Tonight, and that's where everyone gets the misfortune of meeting them.

Usually I greatly dislike those 2 characters, but I think Roger handled them quite nicely. Gave them some character over their old one dimensional "Stupid guy" stereotypes.

And Amy sure drew some cute little gags in the background too.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, but from June for a 4-issue run, it WILL feature them - Boom are running with unpublished European and hard to find US DuckTales stories in the pages of Uncle Scrooge, all produced at the time of the TV series! Same 4 months as Darkwing's new comic - it'll be amazing!
Quack-a-roonie! Thanks for the tip.:smile:

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
Just an update for those who are interested...DuckTales is currently slotted for eight issues, running through UNCLE SCROOGE #392-399, with something very special planned for the milestone issue #400!

Oh, and you may have ALSO heard that Darkwing Duck is now officially an ongoing. The first arc wraps up in issue #4 in September, and leads directly into issue #5 shipping in October. The Disney Afternoon is BACK!

-A