Your thoughts on Doglion?

SeanC

Reaction score
Doglion is my favourite of the monsters, and my second favourite full-bodied muppet after Fletcher ( I obviously have a thing for lesser known characters ). I always liked Doglion's Sendakesque appearance and even as a highly strung kid who was afraid of other monsters such as Sweetums and Thog ( yeah, I know ), I found him quite cute and cuddly. Although bigger and shaggier than Sweetums, I always found him somewhat less threatening. I think it was down to the eyes.
I watched a couple of his appearances earlier this evening, the Cloris Leachman episode ( desert island one ) and the 'Beauty & the Beast' skit with Lesley Ann Warren. I particularly liked the scene in the former where Cloris Leachman finds his 'whiskers' getting in her face ( it looked unscripted ). I noticed that said 'whiskers' seemed to have vanished in the latter episode... maybe they were removed after putting someone's eye out :smile:
I also remember Doglion turning up in a 'Cosby Show' episode at one point.
Anyone else out there prefer him to the other monsters?
For the record, Thog comes in a close second as regards my favourite monsters.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Doglion is my favourite of the monsters, and my second favourite full-bodied muppet after Fletcher ( I obviously have a thing for lesser known characters ). I always liked Doglion's Sendakesque appearance and even as a highly strung kid who was afraid of other monsters such as Sweetums and Thog ( yeah, I know ), I found him quite cute and cuddly. Although bigger and shaggier than Sweetums, I always found him somewhat less threatening. I think it was down to the eyes.
I watched a couple of his appearances earlier this evening, the Cloris Leachman episode ( desert island one ) and the 'Beauty & the Beast' skit with Lesley Ann Warren. I particularly liked the scene in the former where Cloris Leachman finds his 'whiskers' getting in her face ( it looked unscripted ). I noticed that said 'whiskers' seemed to have vanished in the latter episode... maybe they were removed after putting someone's eye out :smile:
I also remember Doglion turning up in a 'Cosby Show' episode at one point.
Anyone else out there prefer him to the other monsters?
For the record, Thog comes in a close second as regards my favourite monsters.
I do! He's adorable! He looks like an oversized Pekingese! :big_grin:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Funny thing about Doglion, he used to live where the Wild Things Are, but his odd behavior of eating people with out question and ruining Beautiful Days, wound up getting him tossed from the island. He made a boat out of some logs he found, and used the said crafted boat to steal one with a working motor. He then met Sweetums on a desert island, and ever since, Doglion became Sweetums' bestest friend.

ploobis

Reaction score
I've always liked Doglion too. But then again I have always loved the lesser known Muppets that most people would have no idea who they are. I had a girlfriend who thought Doglion was so cute, She also thought Thog was cute too.

My favorite Doglion moments are......

Beautiful Day sketch with Madeline Kahn

Sheppard's Institute of Animal Protection sketch with Dom DeLuise

Hurray For Hollywood with The Muppet Monsters from The Muppets Go Hollywood

SeanC

Reaction score
My favorite Doglion moments are......

Beautiful Day sketch with Madeline Kahn

Sheppard's Institute of Animal Protection sketch with Dom DeLuise

Hurray For Hollywood with The Muppet Monsters from The Muppets Go Hollywood
Yeah, I love that 'Beautiful Day' sketch too.

Another of my favourites is Doglion's nice appearance on The Royal Variety Show in 1993, dancing on stage along with Sweetums, Fletcherbird, a couple of Bossmen and The Clodhoppers.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love the little bit of trivia that Doglion is the first Muppet you see in The Muppet Movie (Yes? I think?)

SeanC

Reaction score
I love the little bit of trivia that Doglion is the first Muppet you see in The Muppet Movie (Yes? I think?)
Yes, that's right! You can see his head appear as the camera starts to pan down from the globe.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Doglion has the coolest look out of all the full-body monsters.