Muppet Moms!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Now, we all know some of the muppets have mothers, some more memorable than others.

Rowlf's Mother, preformed by Jerry Juhl, was the first Muppet Mother, but I can't find any clips of her.

Fozzie's Mom, Emily Bear, Preformed by Jerry Nelson, a memorable Jerry character that appeared in Season 2, another appearance in a later season, and then appeared in two specials, I think... She was a cool mom.

Animal's Mom, no preformer, just appeared in a book, pretty..weird if you ask me.

Gonzo's mother, now here's a confusing one, in the second season, Gonzo admits his mother's dead, in Muppet's tonight, it's implied she's alive, in Muppet Kids, Gonzo lived with her I beleive, in Muppets from Space, she may have been in the band of the Gonzo Aliens, so either Gonzo is somewhat... insane and can't remember what story is true, or...to many cannon launches...

Kermit's Mother, mentioned a few times in the past, finally seen in Kermit Swamp Years.

Miss Piggy's mom, obviously, the mom must have been mean to her children, if Piggy ended up being way more abusive...Never seen during the run of the show.

Janice's mother, only mentioned, it's clear Janice and her mother share different views on life, when Janice wants to live on a beach and walk around naked, her mother objects.

Scooter's mother, never even mentioned, odd, eh?

I know there's a TON of mother's on Sesame Street, Herry's Mom, Grover's Mommy, Prarie's Mom, Oscar's Mom, Snuffy's Mom, Elmo's Mom, Abby's Fairy Mommy, Mama Bear, Ingrid, Cookie's Mom, Rosevelt Franklin's mother, Betty Lou's mom. It's somewhat odd that Ernie and Bert's mothers aren't mentioned. Heck, Frazzle's mom, preformed by a rare Louis Gold, was another mother. I think I may be forgetting some....Oh! Two headed Monster's mother, Telly in Drag, preformed by Jim, the only mother preformed by Jim I beleive....

On Muppets Tonight! Bill's mom, Zippity Zap's mom, Nigel's mother, and BIG CARLA, THE MEAN MAMA, appeared. In Tales of Bunny Picknic, I think Bean's mother appeared...

Am I missing some Mothers?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
You're missing Johnny's mom, she was pretty involved in Season 2 of Muppets Tonight. I was looking through Muppet Wiki also, you haven't missed many moms. :halo:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
In one muppet special I can't remember which one Scooter mentioned that he thought his mother was parrot.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
In one muppet special I can't remember which one Scooter mentioned that he thought his mother was parrot.
Hmm...I believe you're thinking of the Of Muppets and Men book, but I haven't read it, so I can't be certain.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I have a theory, that Sam's mother was a hippy, that describes Sam's undieing loath of them...

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well Bert must have a mom. He has a twin brother named Bart. But you're right.Bert's mother is never mentioned.