Should The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson be released for Jim's 20th Death Anniversary?

muppet boy

Reaction score
Since this year will mark the 20th anniversary of Jim's Death, do you think, if rights could be aqquired, that Disney should air or release The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson either on television or dvd. I know its not very likely that they would, but I would like to get some opinions on this topic.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think it would be nice for the Muppets to do something, now having The Muppets Celebreate Jim Henson on DVD would be great! Or since they are doing a lot of neat things with the web a Viral video would also work.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be great to have it on DVD or rebroadcast on a Disney-owned network.

muppet boy

Reaction score
I believe a dvd releasr is in order for this specail. If nothing else, it could be released as a bonus feature on the muppet show seson 4 set. It could also air on the disney channel, ABC, ABC Family, or some other channel that disney has a hand in. It would be nice if they did something new to honor him as well, maybe a new televsion special or a youtube video that would honor him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd like for this special and the anniversary to be commutated too. There would be nothing cooler than ABC to release an all new special on Jim Henson's life as well as the classic Remembering Jim special of the 90s.

I think Disney's focus right now is to revive the brand and to keep it fresh and that means looking forward...not back. This is a crucial time for the Muppets and a strange period of the Henson legacy and characters divvied up into four companies. However, I think that Disney and Henson could and should find a way to get this special to market this year as a special feature in the season 4 Muppet Show DVD or for a Disney Channel airing that pairs it with one of the classic movies or even the Studio DC episode.

Muppet Friday

Reaction score
I know I am going to honour the 20th anniversary on my Facebook group, "Muppet Friday!".

Join up and spread the word... or some rats from Brooklyn will cook you dinner...

x

Muppet Friday

Reaction score
I'm going to mark the twentieth anniversary on my Facebook group - "Muppet Friday!" - for the whole month of May.

Join up and invite your friends. Our numbers are growing and it is much recommended if you fancy a Henson archive clip or two in your inbox every Friday...

Regards,

Muppet Friday!