My puppets in EBAY.

Jinx

Reaction score
Well this is just a rehash of your former post. I didn't comment then, as I felt others had already addressed some issues, but since you've started it again, and have asked again, I'll offer my comments.

First of all, I understand why you use the words "professional", "Muppet" and Sesame Street" to drive traffic to your auctions. As a consumer I would arrive at the product and see that they puppets being offered are none of the above, and therefore would not even consider bidding on them.

#1. Professionally-made puppets would not have pupils on the eyes that are only sort of round. (By the way, there is no such thing as a professional puppet. "Professionally-made", or possibly "professional-grade" or "quality", but not simply "professional".)

#2. Muppet? Clearly not. One might say "Muppet-styled" but "Muppet" is a legally registered and owned trademark and strictly speaking it would be considered illegal to represent your puppets as Muppets.

#3. Sesame Street. I cannot imagine by what stretch of the imagination a character named "Drunk Monster" might appear on Sesame Street. I'm pretty certain that CTW would never allow such a thing, and would probably not like being associated with a character with such a name.

My opinion, when all is said and done, is that if you need to use the qualities of others' work to sell your own, your product does not seem to have enough merit to stand on its own. Purely from the standpoint of a consumer I would not be inclined to bid on these items simply because of the misleading descriptions. If the descriptions were based solely on the merits of the actual puppets I might feel differently.

My 2¢.

Cheers!