Cleaning Dust off of Antron Fleece

darthlaker

Reaction score
hi,

does anyone have any good ideas for cleaning dust of antron fleece?

thanks

charlie bird

Reaction score
I was told to use dish soap and watter,and use a toothbrush to clean it.I tried it and it worked great.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Note: Test it on an inconspicuous area first! It is possible to cause fading and other damage so test it before using any method to clean an entire puppet.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Dust? if it's ground into the fleece, use what Charlie Bird said! But get a lint brush first and try that! It's amazing how much will come off, or (laughif you want but I've done it) get a new handheld vac, like a Dustbuster) and use it only for puppets...

Toasty

Reaction score
Another method: For dust and dirt that is on the surface of the Antron, roll Gaffer's tape (like duct tape, but doesn't leave sticky residue behind) around fingers with adhesive side out and gently pat the material. I've had good luck lifting dirt off with this method. Sometimes even light washing or scrubbing of any kind can grind the dust deeper into the fleece, making a larger mess. It's best to try to clean it without adding liquid first, and then move to the wet methods.

Good luck.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
there's some sort of joke to be had in here about using a pillowcase & some good old fashioned aggitation in a washing machine...