New Muppet Movie opens Christmas Day 2011

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66900

Well its been given an official release date, which is good, but opening on Christmas could be a good or a bad thing. It will attract families who have kids home from school for the holidays. I think one of the Chipmunks movies opened on Christmas a few years back so maybe Disney is hoping the Muppet revival will get the same kind of attention.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was hoping to see this on opening day, but I can't see myself going to the movies on Christmas day.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Good news! Cool- an official opening day set always helps to solidify in the minds of fans that this movie is indeed coming. (Not that I had any doubts at this point, but things can always get derailed.)
I'm not going to go to the movies on Christmas Day, but I will certainly probably see the new Muppets movie somewhere in the days afterward.:smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I was hoping to see this on opening day, but I can't see myself going to the movies on Christmas day.
Yeah, I guess it would be wrong to drag my friends all the way to the theater on Christmas Eve and camp out in tents until the next day. (Not to mention the fact that it would probably be quite dreadfully cold outside that night.) :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I can confirm from basically the highest source that this is indeed true. Everyone in The Muppets Studio is THRILLED about this and they think it's going to be huge. So let's make it so, okay? :big_grin:

GO MUPPETS! ! !

Muppetplus

Reaction score
If only we could skip the year 2010. :frown:
Nonetheless, I didn't expect a confirmed release date this early on. Go Muppets!

James Denny

Reaction score
Any chance that it will be released on the same day in the United Kingdom? I know that's not how movies usually work but pleeeease Disney

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
If there's a midnight premiere, I will be at the theatre at noon on Christmas Eve to secure my spot in line.