New Muppet Movie opens Christmas Day 2011

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
If there's a midnight premiere, I will be at the theatre at noon on Christmas Eve to secure my spot in line.
What he said.

I just hope this movie does well. It's up against Spielberg's Tintin movie and the third Alvin movie. But I know what movie I'll be all over during mid-semester break in 2011! :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Eek! Just realized something. Should we wake up early Christmas morning and go see the first showing or wait until the next day and see it on my birthday? Let the wembling begin...:coy::wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I will absolutely, 100 percent be there for opening day.

It is great to have a date, but it's a little disappointing that it's still so far off. I mean, it's very possible that the movie will be ready long before that. If they film in September, as some have been saying, and there's only six to eight weeks for filming... that means there will be over a year of post production. Does that makes sense for what seems to be a rather small film (production-wise)?

But I don't mean to be too negative. This is beyond exciting! And the movie will be out at the perfect time to create a little Oscar buzz for 2012! :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
This pleases the Kiki. :smile: Guh- I'm SO EXCITED! x333 :excited:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
This is such amazing news! I know myself and many of my friends will be there!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok... so that's just a year and a half away. I can wait.

Oh and I'll most likely be there on Christmas day. Best Christmas ever? I think it will be :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Having kind of an indifferent reaction to this. For one thing, it's really weird that a release date is set before anything's gone before the cameras.

Secondly, i think everyone was expecting this to end up being released either late this year or early next...but pretty much the very last week of 2011 - holy guacamole! A year and a half away? I mean, don't get me wrong - i don't wish the film to be rushed but at the same time, that is really way too long - especially given the incredible wave of popularity the Muppets have been riding...wait that long and too many people might already be bored with the idea. Strike while the iron's hot! I mean, you could prepare a whole other Muppet movie and get it out before this one ends up shown.

In between the hyperbolic title and a ridiculously long wait and that high profile a date, the film's almost dooming itself to disappointment because it's creating a certain level of hype that may let people (Muppet Freaks and regular folk) that end up feeling let down because it didn't live up to it. (Don't mistake what i'm saying here - i expect this to be awesome but a project can only get hyped so much that at a certain point, the final result can't match the hype)

Besides - it's the Muppets! Yeah, there's lots of associations with Muppets and Christmas but why not choose an earlier holiday that's both soon enough to be realistic if things take longer than expected but not so far away that the wait does more harm than good while at the same time being a very Muppety date...like April Fools' Day?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm cool with the date. It ties the Muppets together with the Christmas season where they're always successful. However, they canceled the Halloween special this year to focus on a film 19 months away? I hope they come up with some goodies before then.