Toy Story 3

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Saw the film a few hours ago, and thought it was the best movie I've seen this year, and I don't see too many movies anymore because movies as a whole have become rather horrible. Saw the movie in 2-D. Don't care much for 3-D. It's getting to be too much. Seems like every movie now is doing the 3-D game for some reason.

I caught the Sid reference as I was looking for the character.

I also thought the last part of the movie was very sad, but sweet. I also thought the "so long cowboy" by Woody to Andy was sad but a good goodbye from his beloved toy to his best friend.

A great visual was towards the end when the toys all thought they were going to ge burned to "death" in the garbage dump.

Also, the short film at the beginning, "Night and Day" I guess that's what is called, is really interesting where it combines 2-D and 3-D together. I thought that was visually brilliant.

I don't know how Pixar does it, but they do have some creative people behind the company who enjoy their job.

Final Score: 4 out ouf 4 stars. It's that good, and I'm not that much of a sucker for animated films anymore.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I saw it last night with my sister at the late showing so we wouldn't have to deal with any of the younger kids.

It was epic, and an utterly fantastic way to end the series. I wouldn't change a single thing about it either, it was just that good!

I got emotional at various times while watching it, but didn't get teary-eyed (I may upon future viewings though, I didn't used to get teared up during Jessie's flashback in TS2...but it gets to me now :cry:). The last 20 or so minutes were heartpounding!

Pixar doesn't disappoint, ever! I'm glad they did right with this series, and I'm sure they'll do so with their other sequels coming up...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Where in the world did the word "epic" become so popular? I see it all over the internet......

*Sorry to get on my soap box*

APRena

Reaction score
I spent the entire movie either crying, laughing, or with my mouth agape. It made my dad cry. I heard sobbing (different from my own). It's THAT good. In my theater there were at least 5 rounds of applause at different instances. People were louder than normal but no one cared, because everyone was totally engrossed. Pixar does that. Regarding the use of the word 'epic'-- it is AN epic. I know it's overused, but really in the traditional sense. With toys.

Kiki

Reaction score
I can't tell you guys how excited I am to see teh third Story of Toy, I remember seeing the last one in cinemas like it was yesterday (and the first one). They have all the merch out and... oooohh, my wanty. :3 Though I should see the movie first. :wink: It's not out here yet, but it's coming out sometime this week because my brother is seeing it on friday. I can't wait!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I saw it and I can't lie I was a crying mess at the end. I don't want to tell anyone what happens, but it's probably a good idea to bring some tissues, :cry:.

Awesome movie, the Toy Story trilogy is that only one of it's kind that has made each movie so amazing in my opinion. Not even Star Wars can say that. I'm amazed that were able to do that.

I do have to say though, I agree with Drtooth that Cars 2 doesn't seem like much. I mean I'm sure it will be pretty good and I'm TOTALLY sure it will sell a ton of toys and other stuff, which is great and all, but Cars is my least favorite of the Pixar movies, it just doesn't hold up like the rest of the Pixar flims do in my humble opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do have to say though, I agree with Drtooth that Cars 2 doesn't seem like much. I mean I'm sure it will be pretty good and I'm TOTALLY sure it will sell a ton of toys and other stuff, which is great and all, but Cars is my least favorite of the Pixar movies, it just doesn't hold up like the rest of the Pixar flims do in my humble opinion.
I can't lie. I enjoyed Cars, but I agree... it was my least favorite of all their movies. It almost seemed a little Dreamworks-y. The only reason they're planning on making a second one is because the first one made sooooooo much money on merchandising alone. For a few weeks after it premiered, you couldn't even find a single Die cast replica of even the lowliest character on store shelves.

Now, I didn't mind Cars 2, because I thought they'd turn it into some sort of really character driven piece, much like they've done lately, with some clever plotline... but they wanted to make it about Mater and Lightning going around the world and racing. And then I hear of "script problems" so that doesn't sound so good either...

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Yeah. what a great movie. How refreshing to see a well written movie again. definitely worth seeing.

~adam

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
***** (don't wanna spoil stuff) is the DARKEST Pixar villian ever, IMO.