Toy Story 3

Xerus

Reaction score
Also, I heard Bo is a pretty fragile toy and has to walk slowly and carefully. If she did get sent to that daycare center and had to deal with those destructive little kids, she'd be shattered to pieces. Not to mention getting knocked around and running in that garbage dump, so maybe it was good thing she wasn't on that adventure.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Toy story treats are on the Pixar collection dvd, I think.
No they're not. I have that DVD, they're not on it. Some of them are feature as "easter eggs" on the 10th anniverisary DVD set and I believe (not totally sure since I don't have these DVD) but are also special features on the "Special Toy Box" editions that are out right now.

Also, I heard Bo is a pretty fragile toy and has to walk slowly and carefully. If she did get sent to that daycare center and had to deal with those destructive little kids, she'd be shattered to pieces. Not to mention getting knocked around and running in that garbage dump, so maybe it was good thing she wasn't on that adventure.
Well she IS a porcelain figurine,:smile:, so yeah, it's safe to say she's pretty fragile. Though really Bo isn't invole with ANY of the Toy Story adventures...ever.

Which brings me to my next point, in the second movie, I couldn't help but wonder WHY wouldn't the toys want Rocky (the big strong wrestler looking toy in Andy's room) to come along with them to find Woody. After all you'd think his stength would come in handy for a mission like that. He has a MUCH bigger role in the Boom comic books though. I kind of picture Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's voice as him when reading, :smile::wink:.

Yorick

Reaction score
I didn't read this thread yet, (just the most recent page) but I loved seeing (My Neighbor) Totoro in it! And for me,

::SPOILER ALERT::

The last stop at the dump, as that apocalyptic music plays, and they all hold hands, ready to die (before they are saved) moved me quite a bit more than the end where Andy gives the toys to the little girl. I thought it was great the little girl got the toys, because we all know she will take great care of them!

Also, Jim Varney's friend did a really great job as Slinky Dog. Jim would be proud.:cry:

Nick22

Reaction score
::SPOILER ALERT::

The last stop at the dump, as that apocalyptic music plays, and they all hold hands, ready to die (before they are saved) moved me quite a bit more than the end where Andy gives the toys to the little girl. I thought it was great the little girl got the toys, because we all know she will take great care of them!

Also, Jim Varney's friend did a really great job as Slinky Dog. Jim would be proud.:cry:
i almost cried during both scenes :cry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw it a few days ago and liked it. I think it's the best of the trilogy. One of the few trilogies where the second movie is NOT the best of the trilogy (even rarer when the second is the least great of the trilogy).

It seems to me like Buzz is more of a supporting character than a co-star in this one. He does get his own subplot, but it's not that big. I think the Potato Heads get more to do than Buzz. There is one thing that I feel goes nowhere (possible spoiler alert!): After Buzz turns to spanish mode, there's a scene where he sees Woody and Jesse hugging, and starts to get a bit jealous, but then they don't do more with it... Not more misunderstandings, not any jealousy battles... It just goes nowhere.

Another spoiler alert follows.....

.....Does Lots-o-Hugs (or whatever his name is) get any major final consequences? He gets picked up by that garbage man, who appears to be interested in keeping it, but then gets taped to the front of the garbage truck (and is told by another toy to hold his mouth). It looks like he gets a new owner (an adult, as opposed to a child who could outgrow him), which is sort of a happy ending for him. But we don't really get to know that garbage man much... It would be interesting if we saw him playing roughly with Lots-O (maybe more rough than those daycare kids).

Also, it seems like Lots-O sounds a bit like Elmo's father Louie. Anybody else feel this way?

And it seems like even though Slinkey was recast, he didn't really get many lines (even during his big scene). Whoever did his vocie did a great job of imitating Jim Varney.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Another spoiler alert follows.....

.....Does Lots-o-Hugs (or whatever his name is) get any major final consequences? He gets picked up by that garbage man, who appears to be interested in keeping it, but then gets taped to the front of the garbage truck (and is told by another toy to hold his mouth). It looks like he gets a new owner (an adult, as opposed to a child who could outgrow him), which is sort of a happy ending for him. But we don't really get to know that garbage man much... It would be interesting if we saw him playing roughly with Lots-O (maybe more rough than those daycare kids).
SPOILER MODE ON (highlight for response):

The garbage man was Sid from the first Toy Story as evidenced by his shirt and the end credits... so... yeah... Lotso's in pretty deep.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't think about the fact that it would come with a short. By now I should realize that any theatrically-released Pixar movie will come with a short.

That Night and Day short was good. It actually reminds me of something I saw in that clip from Youth '68 that The Jim Henson Company uploaded on YouTube (could the Pixar people have been inspired by that sequence?).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know how true this actually is... but I doubt Pixar is rushing out to make Toy Story 4 (nor should they... everything is nicely wrapped up, and it indeed served as a great ending) BUT we might just see the characters again just before Cars 2....

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't see this thread! And I saw the movie the day it came out! LOL

It was a tear-jerker, especially at the end. I was really trying hard not to cry, but I did. I can't believe a movie like Toy Story 3 made many people cry. I guess it's becuse it's..well..over. Unless they make a Toy Story 4, that is. Oh, I hope so!

This movie is funny, serious, adventurous and just plain awesome. Jessie is my favorite character and she and Buzz were so cute! <3

To sum this up, I have 3 words: I HATE LOTSO

The End :big_grin:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't think about the fact that it would come with a short. By now I should realize that any theatrically-released Pixar movie will come with a short.

That Night and Day short was good. It actually reminds me of something I saw in that clip from Youth '68 that The Jim Henson Company uploaded on YouTube (could the Pixar people have been inspired by that sequence?).
"Night and Day" was good but IMO it went on too long.