Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just watched this special and its great to see.

Here are some of the highlights, so do not read if you want to wait til Aug to see for yourself............

Muppet Movie Dessert scene, Kermit-Whats happening
Dr Teeth at the moment were whats happening!

Henson NY House door, Hansons Place logo, Big Bird enters house and climbs steps to Jim Hensons office.
Miss Piggy is asked who JH is? Doesnt Know.
Kermit is asked who JH is, doesn’t know but thinks he has a hand in a lot of things around there, whatever that means?
JH talks about puppets.

Early photos, wilkiins coffee ad, Sam & friends clips, Kermit at the piano and grover on a banjo.
Jane Henson talks about the early days.
Micheal Frith interview- look out for the Kermitage Collection poster, Sleeping Zootsie poster, The Art of The Muppets wooden logo, Gobo puppet and the Angel Pig puppet in the background, later on look for the Oscar radio, Ernie radio, Kermit cushion, GMC Mcds glasses, Dr Teeth and Animal sigma Mugs!
Sesame street, clips, JH talks about the puppets appeal to children.
JH talks Ernie aadn bert, with clips and his relationship with Frank Oz and how they work well together.
FO talks ernie and bert
JH On set of fr
Joan Ganz Gooney talks about JH as a genius
JH performs convincing john.
THE MUPPET SHOW opening theme
David Lazer talks selling the show, JH talks the MS,
Kermit & the gang go into Lew Lords office from the MM
Lew Lord is interviewed about why he took on the project!
Jane Henson talks about the relationship between the early days and the MS
1971 clip, Mahna Mahna on the drums!
Swedish Chef pressed duck clip
JH talks guest stars and how they would change each episode
Miss P and Andy Williams clip
David Lazer talks guest
Jerry Juhl talks about guest stars (look for the Fraggle poster and the sigma Waldorf bookendin the background)
Frank Oz discusses Fozzie, Grover, and Animal in just 5 words-Sex sleep food drums and pain.
JH & Grade discussion making Movies.
MM test shots ''heard of cows''!
JH talks about the bike scene in gmc
Lew asked who is his favourite? Miss Piggy!
FO talks about performing Miss Piggy
MP discusses Kermit
Kermit talks Miss Piggy
Creature shop clips Dark Crystal puppets
Garthim attack the Pod people village clip
JH talks DC
Creature shop working on Labyrinth
JH plays with a goblin puppet
Toronto studio filming FR
JH talks FR
Fr opening
JH talks about the Touch Wall from the Art of Muppets exhibit
MUPPET STUFF SHOP
Outside shot and inside, Sesame street, Fisher Price Muppets, Puzzles and some Dark Crystal stuff can be seen.
Jane talks pressure of the company
Frank Oz talks about the success
Joan Ganz Gooney talks about Jim
MTM wedding scene
Jim talks about how long the Muppets will live on?
MM finale clip
Muppet show closing theme plays over credits, Narrated by UK actress Julia McKenzie!

A great show!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if anything will be cut from this. I know it contains clips from early stuff owned by other companies, like Sam and Friends (owned by Universal) and the various commercials and variety show appearances (owned by respective companies). Hopefully those clips will be cleared (though I know that it includes one Ed Sullivan Show clip that was cut from the Muppets Magic DVD due to music rights).

zns

Reaction score
I wonder if anything will be cut from this. I know it contains clips from early stuff owned by other companies, like Sam and Friends (owned by Universal) and the various commercials and variety show appearances (owned by respective companies). Hopefully those clips will be cleared (though I know that it includes one Ed Sullivan Show clip that was cut from the Muppets Magic DVD due to music rights).
I don't think we should be too worried. The special runs for 52 minutes, as noted on the description, so that should say something.

Anyway, I already have a DVD-R copy of this and have seen it numerous times, but I see a good chance of myself buying this, only due to its great quality.

unclematt

Reaction score
I hope this trend of a new DVD every month continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.