Backstage Playset poster decals / labels / stickers

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks to fellow MuppetCentral poster Greenlantern999, I recently purchased a Backstage which was in better condition than my own.

One of the things I was happiest about was that the new one had never had its labels applied. I am trying to come up with a system (possibly using adhesive-backed magnetic sheets?) where I can change out the posters as the mood strikes.

Towards that end, I have scanned all eight of the posters, and thought I would share the image in case anyone here ever has the need to print themselves a replacement.

Nota bene: One of the posters contained a typo, and I have digitally corrected that grammatical error, which also makes these reproductions harder to pass off as the real thing.

Enjoy!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...hp?file=159424&imagewidth=734&imageheight=768

By the way, am I the only one who is incensed that the eighth poster totally snubs Jerry Nelson?

Dearth

aritario

Reaction score
Thx!

Dearth Hello, thank you very much for sharing with us so dear posters. For various reasons many of us have not had the opportunity to purchase the backstage playset brand new or simply others have not been able to buy either and those signs are always very helpful when put on display our collection.
Thx!

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah I used thin layers of magnetic tape. I applied the sticker to one sheet of magnet, cut the magnet to fit, and then put blank magnets in the places on the backstage where the posters should go. It works great.

Dearth

Reaction score
Glad to know the idea worked! What brand of magnetic tape did you buy, and where can I find some?

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
I bought some adhesive magnetic sheets at Hobby Lobby and gave this a try yesterday, and it worked better than I thought. It's so fun to just swap the posters everytime I walk by. You can even put the big posters in the small poster spaces this way.

I also saw some magnetic sheets at Office Depot which are white gloss paper on one side, so you can print right on the magnet and not have to cut things out twice. That might have worked better, but my printer at home takes the sheet through a 180 over a roller, so I don't know if it would work with my setup.

And the cool part is, the other five magnets make great fridge noteholders when not in use in the Backstage set!

If anyone out there has a Backstage where you never applied the stickers, give this a try. It's so easy and so satisfying. I'd make some sets and sell them on eBay if I thought there was enough of a market for it.

Heck, maybe I'll just sell them as fridge magnets!

Dearth