Favorite Song

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
A few of my favorite songs from "Fraggle Rock" -

"Catch A Tail By The Tiger"
"Fraggle Rock Rock"
"Let Me Be Your Song"
"Pass It On" (great Christmas song and of course, it's also in "A Muppet Family Christmas":smile:)
"Please Let the Water Run"
"Knitting Song"
and definitely
"Come and Follow Me"
and the "Fraggle Rock" theme song itself.:coy::excited:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I can never thingk of one favorite song but I think of favorite songs in categories

Favorite Boober song: Gypsy Song
Favorite Mokey Song: Time to Live as One
Favorite Wembley song: Pukka pukka pukka pukka sueetily boink
Favorite Red song: Tie between Chase the Wind and The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me
Favorite Gobo song: tie between I knew my name and Only way home.

One thing I like about the Fragg;e Rock songs is sometimes I get flak for likeing "a kids show" (which quite frankly I highly disagree with) but many of the songs at the very least are really good if you want to get technical about it. Even if you don't, they have some great sounds. I was thinking about "The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me" and it brought this feeling about it that reminded me of when I was a kid and would just get lost in whatever world I could think of. Granted I still do that but that was just the feeling it had with it.

I'll post more when I think of it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I don't have all of the songs, sadly. I have the three CDs, but that's only about a third of the songs. I found a website that had a lot of 'em for download, but the quality was painfully poor. So, here are my playlist favorites, in no particular order, with my top faves boldfaced:

Let Me Be Your Song - I love hearing Henson's voice singing this song.
Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink - ridiculously fun and catchy.
There's a Lot I Want to Know - I love Gilbert & Sullivan-esque patter songs. I have a huge vocabulary, and even I had to look up some of the lyrics.
Here to There - This just makes me smile, especially when I hear it in stereo. Sounds like Wembley's bouncing back and forth across the room.
Party Hard (Who Knows What You See) - Boober & Sidebottom's duet. That's win right there, but it's also about coming to terms with yourself.
Brave Boy, Jump Up - I'd never admit boogieing to this song in the privacy of my own home. Never ever.
Muck and Goo - Another fun, silly song. I've been known to sing this to myself while waiting for files to upload or the microwave to finish.
Pass it On - OK, I will admit to boogieing to this one. Wembley's joyful goofiness puts this song over the top for me.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Party Hard's a fun song because it's Dave singing with imself. Ye aI know hat the actors sing with themselves through different characters but the ones with Sidebottom and Boober are a little different in that sense. And yea, agreeing with you, it's a fun song lyrically.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I have a lot of favorite songs, but the songs from the original soundtrack hold a special place in my heart. I remember, and my mom agrees, listening to the soundtrack long before I ever saw the show, and I still have my original tape. It's still in pretty good condition too, and I still listen to it occasionally! I have so many great memories with that tape...

Brave Boy Jump Up I was just dancing to the other day in fact! I always loved the intro when I was a kid, and when I was in my first college I would listen to the song whenever I had a bad day, and it would make me smile.
Muck and Goo isn't my particular favorite, though I love how everyone unites in singing it. When I was little and had never seen the episode, it used to confuse the heck out of me, so that was fun.
:smirk: Now I love it because it's so misleading. It's such a goofy and nonsensical song, and when you hear it you think the episode will be the same. Not so much! The Garden Plot is my second favorite episode, right behind Marooned. Yeah, I like the darker ones... Other favorites of mine include in no particular order:

Ragtime Queen
A Helping Hand
Show Me More
Pucka Pucka
Sleep By the Light of the Moon
Sale Away With You
Let Me Be Your Song
Once Upon a Time I Knew My Name
Wise to Myself
Free and High, (The first time I heard this song, I was confused thinking John Denver had guest-stared on the show!)
Just a Dream Away
How Far How Wide How Real
Dumb of a Son of a Gun, (was on the LP version of the soundtrack, but was left out of the tape and CD releases.)
So Near but Still so Far
Hear to There, (I love the drumming!)
Head the Drumbeat Now
Doozer Work Song
Time to Break and Build
I'll Give My Soul
It Makes You Cry, (Especially when Boober breaks off, it's heart-breaking!)
:cry:

I think that's it, at least until the next poster comes along and reminds me of more, lol.

Tosh

Reaction score
Favorite Songs

I was thinking about "The Wind and the Pond and the Moon and Me" and it brought this feeling about it that reminded me of when I was a kid and would just get lost in whatever world I could think of. Granted I still do that but that was just the feeling it had with it.
Yes, I know what you mean about that song! It's one of my very favorites too... I just love it. :excited:

It's so hard to choose my favorite songs, so I'll think I'll limit my list to my very favorite...

• All of the songs from “Doomsday Soup”… it was my first episode to record on VHS, and I watched it soooo many times.

• “Inny Minny Cow Cow,” “Muck and Goo,” and “Thimble Beetle Song”… these are such fun!

• “Rollin', Rollin' On”… a great rollicking ensemble

• “Dixie Wailin”... Yep, I want this at my funeral too!

• “Sail Away with You,” “Sleep By the Light of the Moon” and “The Friendship Song”… just so pretty

• “Let Me Be Your Song,” “Music Makes Us Real,” “Lose Your Heart and it’s Found,” and “Ball of Fire,”… gotta have my Cantus songs!

• “Only Way Home” – Random memory: When I was a senior in college, I came down with the flu. This song was on my Fraggle CD, and for some reason I listened to this song over and over, and over, and over, again.

• “Follow the Road” and “Good-bye, Good-bye, Just a Rainbow in the Sky”… Manny’s Land of Carpet was the last new episode I saw… (Does that make sense?) I just love that episode…

• “Sunlight and Shadow” and “Still So Far”… My favorite Mokey songs

• “Talkin’ Bout Germs” and “It Makes You Cry”… My favorite Boober songs

• “Chase the Wind” and “There's a Lot I Want to Know”… My favorite Red songs

• “Fly to the Sky” and “Boss of Yourself”… My favorite Wembley songs

• “Petals of a Rose,” ““Once Upon a Time I Knew My Name” and “The Me I Wanna Be”… My favorite Gobo songs

So that’s most of them… I’m sure I’ll think of more later! :coy:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Heeee! I just saw "A Tune for Two" and I love "Children of Tomorrow" and "Duet for One". Love em love em love em!

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
"Follow Me" and "Dump the Stuff Out (Yucky for Sure)" [the latter from "Doomsday Soup"] are the two that come to mind.

It's been a while since I've sat down to watch Fraggle Rock, to tell you the truth.

Also, maybe "Ragtime Queen" and "Let Me Be Your Song."

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I have a question about "Workin' Workin" from "30 Minute Work Week" I like the song but does anyone else think it feels for lack of a better work awkward? It's hard to explain but there are some parts in it where I think "that's sounds odd" or "that doesn't sound like it worked." Does anyone else think that or do I need to stop listening to these songs so closely?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Just a Dream Away - not just because of how beautiful it is but the role it plays in Mudwell's life.