Damaged Puppets?

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm

The thought has crossed my mind on several occasions. Looks like a lot of puppet building required!:smile:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Note that the last two pictures aren't of Kermit, but of a fellow Muppet frog, Gawain.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You realize that's not Kermit in those last two pics, right?

Either way, I doubt water could cause too much damage to a puppet... after all, water is odorless and colorless, it'd probably be a matter of giving the puppet a good dry-off after it's been in the water. Probably the same with snow as well (though slush would probably be a different story).

Gerbert

Reaction score
You realize that's not Kermit in those last two pics, right?
Yes for the Second time. It's a Example! I said "Stuff like Kermit's face in A cake" Did'int say they where all kermit.

Animal31

Reaction score
They always stated there was more than one puppet on hand at all times, my guess is this would be why. What a shame though, building something like that just to destroy it.

But then again, they may have kept a "stunt puppet" around just for these instances. I know in the old Godzilla movies many times they used the suit from a previous movie for water shots or for alot of the battle falls on camera...

charlie bird

Reaction score
I always wonderd how they did the puppets in the pond at fraggle rock.There hair is wet, and How does the puppeteer get down there ,I know that sounds dumb,but it's not a bad question. Mabe they just wet the hair and green screened it into the pond somehow.Maybe the puppeteer actually got wet,I don't know. With all the money the jim henson companny has, one extra puppet for back up wasn't to much to ask for, it does say that they have an extra puppet a lot.

Dearth

Reaction score
I can't recall the episode, but there's a moment in one of the Muppet Show's when Kermit is supposed to have been blown up in an explosion... and you can tell that the 'burnt' spots are just felt add-ons because one of them peels off during the shot.

I always wonder about moments like when Link Hogthrob's face has been 'branded' (Roy Rogers episode, I think). Did they use some sort of paint that would wash off easily? Or did they build a whole extra face just for that gag?

Dearth