How "rare" is a Hasbro Softie BOOBER doll?

Snoffsan

Reaction score
Hmm I have them all in unopened plastic bags and Boober does not have a vest in that bag.
And thanks for a great priceguide. Im thinking of putting my collection up on ebay and its good to know what to expect.
I also have all the PVC dolls. I think that Uncle Matt is hard to get?

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Hmm I have them all in unopened plastic bags and Boober does not have a vest in that bag.
And thanks for a great priceguide. Im thinking of putting my collection up on ebay and its good to know what to expect.
I also have all the PVC dolls. I think that Uncle Matt is hard to get?

Just a little tip, the Hasbro line didn't come in Plastic bags originally. Wasn't sure if you were aware of that, so I thought I mention it.

Oh, and BTW, if you are planning on putting them up for sale, I think eBay is running a free listing promotion through Sept. 7th so you could list them for free and only pay anything to eBay if they actually sell. You also might want to consider selling them all as one lot, or at least trying it that way first. Some starting collectors would jump at the chance to get them all in one shot.

On another note, I might be interested in the PVC figures myself, depending on how much you're looking at getting for them, so if you do decide to sell those, could you give me a heads up when they get listed?

Snoffsan

Reaction score
DLGabriel: Yes I know they didnt, but the bags are still sealed and have not been played with and look completely new so I just guess that they have been like that for a very long time anyway. and they all have al of their clothing left.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a Hasbro Boober still in the box and he was the most difficult one to track down in comparison to the others.

Jelopi

Reaction score
We have a Hasbro Boober still in the box and he was the most difficult one to track down in comparison to the others.
WOW! Lucky you! Still in the box! Ive never seen any of the Hasbro Softies boxed! Do you have any pictures...I'd love to see what the packaging looks like! :big_grin:

Quazimoto

Reaction score

Most definitely. Finding any of the Fraggles still in their original boxes is quite difficult. Congrats on the stellar snag.

Foodie

Reaction score
WOW! Lucky you! Still in the box! Ive never seen any of the Hasbro Softies boxed! Do you have any pictures...I'd love to see what the packaging looks like! :big_grin:
Hee hee. I've got the entire set boxed also. Not that I'm trying to brag or anything.

Actually, I think I was the one who wrote up some of the fraggle info in the collectibles section.

Boober is the hardest to find. Although, since there have been ummm... well, several new plush Boobers released onto the world since I wrote that, the price for a Hasbro Boober has gone down. Finding any of the Hasbro fraggles in their original boxes isn't very common though.

Mokey had gotten more sought after for a while there before the Manhattan version was released. Although... if you want a Mokey with " eye lashes ", you're still gonna hafta look to the vintage plushes. :smirk:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Or you could mod the Manhattan Toy Mokey to have eyelashes. You just need some reference pictures and there you go.

Back on the subject, I still haven't seen many, if any Hasbro Boobers since my last post in this thread, so maybe he still could be considered a holy grail of sorts for Fraggle collectors, despite several plushies made of him as of recently.

Foodie

Reaction score
beakerfan7 said:
Or you could mod the Manhattan Toy Mokey to have eyelashes. You just need some reference pictures and there you go.

Back on the subject, I still haven't seen many, if any Hasbro Boobers since my last post in this thread, so maybe he still could be considered a holy grail of sorts for Fraggle collectors, despite several plushies made of him as of recently.
I'd still consider Hasbro Boober to be somewhat of a Grail though. He'll show up again I'm sure. :smirk: