Super Grover 2.0

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I usually feel uneasy about new segments added to Sesame Street's already stuffed schedule, Grover's getting another segment to himself featuring his super hero alter ego in a new suit (about time... most super heroes have at least 3 costume changes per decade).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The "edgier" helmet I don't mind. However, *snickers*, the shoulderpads make it seem like you broke his upper arms. If he had bones, there's no way his arms could look like that. It'd be one thing if those pads gave a little, but at the angle they are, his arms should be more vertical than they are.

Kinda weird we've graduated from Silver Age Super Grover to 80s or 90s Super Grover.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The obvious parody didn't go over your head, did it? :halo: The whole redesign of the super hero costume to make it edgier for the movie routine? Batman looks different in EVERY project. And I wouldn't doubt that the Chris Nolan batman movies are subject to some sort of parody here.

As long as he's not completely red and has thunderbolts shooting out of his eyes! :eek: (anyone get that one?)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as he's not completely red and has thunderbolts shooting out of his eyes! :eek: (anyone get that one?)

You probably aimed that shot at Electron Superman Red. Yech, why'd it have to live on in DCUC S2? Frankly, the only Superman figure they've made right IMHO is the one from DCSH S1.

Anyway... This'll be a good addition to Season 41. They're saying it'll premiere in Cannes, France in October. So maybe a November start date for the new season? Also wondering if this'll be claymation or puppeteering-based. And with 13 segments, I'd hope Sesame's learned from past efforts well enough to know to alternate the Super Grover 2.0 to every other Season 41 episode. Or is that too optimistic a possibility?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like it will be puppet based. It's the standard Super Grover, but with major redesigns in the costume... a shinier new helmet with sharp looking ridges, a more pointy logo (edgy in superhero design means pointy, I guess)....a larger cape and large arm bands.

There are also 2 other segments that were just announced over at Tough Pigs... Goodnight, Elmo where Elmo and Louie go through their nightly getting ready for bed routine (say, isn't that what Pajamanimals was?) and (you'll like this one) Count TV where he hosts various number segments. Those two haven't been confirmed as season 41 regulars, though. They could very well be parts of the show, or just international short programs.

The info for all of these new segments is very thin, though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Drtooth.
As for Count TV... Isn't that one of the iphone apps Sesame Workshop released? I know it got covered at the Mindset, but it'll be a good Number of the Day replacement, although they've got to factor in the higher double-digit doogies as an answer.
Sorry, lapsed into School House Rock there for a moment. Guesses on what I was referencing will get you a cookie.

unheard

Reaction score
Thanks Drtooth.
As for Count TV... Isn't that one of the iphone apps Sesame Workshop released? I know it got covered at the Mindset, but it'll be a good Number of the Day replacement, although they've got to factor in the higher double-digit doogies as an answer.
Sorry, lapsed into School House Rock there for a moment. Guesses on what I was referencing will get you a cookie.
count tv is a iphone app.
looks good too

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/count-tv/id369229779?mt=8

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, this sounds promising. They had a good new Monsterpiece Theater (American Monster Classics) in one recent ep, so why not give this a try. Though I'm not too fond of his new get-up though. After all, even in recent years Grover has still worn his old classic Super Grover uniform. Oh, well. I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental right away.

Drtooth

Reaction score
American Monster Classics is a very disappointing waste of a concept. I really wish we they made more of those segments... the possibilities were endless, and all we got was that one. A great one, but only that one.