How time flies...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Can anybody else believe it's been five years today since the first season of The Muppet Show came out on DVD? I still remember doing to buy it on release day like it was just yesterday the summer before eighth grade. Insane how time goes by like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And yet, no announcement about the next season even YET!

But HEY! That horrendous Accidentally on Purpose that no one liked is coming to DVD with special features! Wow. You're gonna sell 5 of them. :boo:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow, I remember waiting a week after its release for it to get to my house (my dad pre-ordered it from amazon :rolleyes: :attitude: ). I believe it was the summer before my sophomore year in high school.

I can't believe we haven't gotten season four yet :sympathy:

Telly

Reaction score
Didn't it come out the same time that a popular football video game came out? I just remember going to Wal Mart at midnight with my friend to go get it. A bunch of guys in there teens to early 20's were grabbing the video game and I was the only one there for The Muppet Show. hahaha

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
You're right...

I think you're right Telly. Wasn't it about the same time that Madden '06 was released? I think we still have that game somewhere around the house... but I know exactly where my first season of the Muppet Show is, so we know which was the far superior purchase :wink:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Oh, and now it's been five years today since the first season of Fraggle Rock came out. This is one that I remember very well. I pre-ordered it on Amazon with the other Fraggle single disc DVD that came out the same day and because of the Labor Day holiday, the package was delayed a day or two. I came home the first day of eighth grade (without a doubt the best of my pre-high school years) and saw the package on the front steps of my house waiting for me. Another cool thing was that on the first day 7th and 8th graders got to leave early so the 6th graders (who are going to be juniors now? Wow.) could have an orientation day so I was able to spend hours that afternoon watching Fraggle Rock. It was great to finally see that show from the very beginning as someone who grew up on a limited assortment of episodes. Come to think of it, there were a lot of great DVD box sets that came out when I was in 8th grade (TMS season 1, FR season 1, Looney Tunes GC vol. 3, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, etc.)

It's weird... at the beginning of 2005 it seemed impossible we'd get non-Muppet/Sesame/Dark Crystal/Labyrinth DVD's and now here we are five years later and it seems like there's nothing that doesn't have a chance of getting released.