Puppet Contest 2010

puppetsmith

Reaction score
It's time once again for the AMAZING adventures of puppet building to begin! Project Puppet's fifth annual puppet contest is underway. This year's theme? Heroes and Villains! The world is in dire need of puppet super heroes (and puppet villains for the super heroes to fight). So, get out that Simple Series puppet pattern from Project Puppet and put those super human puppet-making skills to good use. Create your own original super hero (or villain) to secure peace (or chaos) for the citizens of the world!

Check out all the details - including rules, deadlines, prizes, and a special contest just for kids - at www.puppetcontest.com!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Just a reminder that the deadline is just over two weeks away. There's still time to start (and finish) if you haven't yet. I hope to see a lot of MC folks in the contest this year!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Holy Fleece and Foam! Yes, I regularly visit the Project Puppet site and saw the contest. Took me a week or so to come up with a character and design I like, but I've got one. So now it's time to get started....to the Puppet Cave!:crazy:

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Cool, Puppetainer!

Is it a hero? Or a villain? Somehow I think we're going to get more villains than heroes, although at the moment (currently with 4 entries submitted) we're 50/50. We'll see!

crazy chris

Reaction score
hope we get to see all the submissions at some point! cant wait!

cc

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Oh he's a hero alright. So until villainy gets wind of this you can consider those scales tipped towards JUSTICE!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
My puppet is done, just have to finish his costume, snap some photos and send it your way. Well, better get back to that sewing machine...I can hear that clock ticking!
:eek:

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what's the hero/villain tally so far?

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Well, believe it or not, the ratio before this afternoon was 50/50. However, just this afternoon, we had a villain come in, tipping the scales, once again, back to evil.

Maybe after the contest, we should have an official match-up of heroes vs. villains.:smile:

So far we've had 9 entries come in, between the contest AND the kid's contest, which is quite a good number of entries this early in the week. Normally, we'd have one or two, and the rest come flooding in the night before and the day of the entry deadline.