Puppet Contest 2010

crazy chris

Reaction score
lol puppetainer...I BET!

the work was worth it though....GREAT PUPPET MY FRIEND!

cc

puppetsmith

Reaction score
"Lightning Rod" is HILARIOUS, Puppetainer! Great character, great write-up...excellent all the way around.:smile:

Some of the entries this year literally blew me away.

larz

Reaction score
Thanks Puppetainer! I thinking Lightning Rod is a striking design...

I'm with you - I never want to work with stretchy satiny material again. I started out with it, cut out my shapes, then after 10 minutes on the sewing machine, stopped, grabbed my keys and headed out to the fabric store.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I REALLY enjoyed the process of creating this puppet and was really pleased with how closely the final puppet resembled my original design sketch. I'm very happy to be returning to other projects with other fabrics though! Yup that fabric was a true exercise in patience. I later discovered lots of ways to improve ones odds working with a satiny fabric but they required time I didn't really have.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Only a few more days to head on over to www.puppetcontest.com and get your vote in if you haven't already. Of course I'd be thrilled if you voted for my puppet (Lightning Rod). A couple of my other favorite entries are from Muppet Central Forum members. Larz has The Wild Banana, and Puppetron has Mobile Chernobyl. It may well be that some of the other entries were made by forum members but those are the ones I know of. Whoever you choose to cast your vote for you owe it to yourselves to check out ALL the awesome entries and play your part in narrowing the field to just 10.

And while you're there check out the great entries in the Cosmically Cool Kid Contest! http://www.puppetcontest.com/kid-contest.php That contest was limited to kids 15 years and younger and there are 8 great entries to check out.

Then be sure to go back after October 1st to cast your final vote for the grand prize winner in the Puppet Contest and check out who was the lucky winner in the Cosmically Cool Kid Contest.
:big_grin:

larz

Reaction score
Good luck Puppetainer (and anyone who hasn't 'fessed up about entering)!

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Thanks Larz! Good luck to you too! Thanks too to Bezalel! I'm so grateful for Project Puppet for all the wonderful tools they provide! I'm also grateful for good old Muppet Central and the Muppet Cast. I don't think I could have learned all that I have anywhere near as fast as I have without all that these guys have provided.
:smile:

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Okay everyone, last call! Last chance to vote in the big Project Puppet Contest. If you haven't already been to check out the ten finalists and cast your vote better get there quick. Results will be posted this Friday Oct. 15th. So head on over and take part!
www.puppetcontest.com