Petition For Disney To Release Muppets @ WDW & MT

beaker

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone out there wanted to start a petition to get Disney to release the amazing 1990 special Muppets At Walt Disney World and Muppets Tonight on dvd?

I can't think of any reason why Disney wouldn't release either, especially since both were specifically done in concert with Disney(Muppets@WDW is about Disney world, and Muppets tonight aired on Disney's ABC and Disney Channel)

Sadly many people have not seen Muppets At Walt Disney World, which in my view ranks up there with Muppets Family Christmas and Muppet Movie as some of the absolute best Muppet productions ever. I could see the dvd including the outtakes, which are posted on youtube(Tho sadly these and the full special are in horrendous unwatchable quality on there) I guarantee Lions Gate would have released this by now, given they seem to be releasing every Jim Henson special under the sun these days.

Muppets Tonight, again I do believe they need to release this in some form.

figmental

Reaction score
I agree... Muppets at Walt Disney World is my favorite special. And Muppets Tonight is great too.

It's strange, yesterday I was wondering why Disney had never released the special on DVD.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Problem with Muppets at Walt Disney World is that it is 20 years old and it served as a promotional piece for Disney. The park has changed since then. Maybe they can do an updated version?

Nick22

Reaction score
is muppet family christmas on dvd, or no?

dmoss

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Muppets Tonight will be released after season 5 of TMS is out...I bet that's the way Disney thinks, they see it as a continuation of the original series, thus releasing in sequential order. :smile:

Also, I would rather see MFC (Muppet Fried Chicken, for those of you, not in-the-know) released than the Disney video, however I'd like to see the Disney one, as well. Choices, choices...

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
is muppet family christmas on dvd, or no?
It is, but it's edited. I'd love to start a petition for Disney to release an unedited DVD of MFC, as well as the Muppets at WDW and Muppets Tonight.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Problem with Muppets at Walt Disney World is that it is 20 years old and it served as a promotional piece for Disney. The park has changed since then. Maybe they can do an updated version?
Are all the rides they mention still there? 'Cause otherwise, I see no problem with it being timely.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want DIsney to release specials PERIOD. They don't even release their own Disney specials. Took them years to put Mickey's Christmas Carol on a Holiday DVD collection.

I don't see any datedness being a problem as far as the rides go. They could have a small disclaimer says... "If you love that ride that Beauregard and Piggy were on... well, yer out of luck!" Plus, it has one of their former Disney stars WAAAAAY before she had a Disney show, so you'd think they'd jump on releasing that sucker. But again, they're very bad with specials, even their own. I don't expect to see any of those DisneyTV Music Video specials (can you say music rights headache?) but GIMME Sports Goofy! I may have watched it twice online, but I want a clean, DVD transfer of it.

I really want to see Muppets at Disney AND Muppet Family Christmas (Disney apparently owns the entire special and doesn't even need to call SW and Henson from the rumor that was posted a while ago) and all that stuff released on a special collection of Muppet Specials. My Muppets at Disney tape has a very ANNOYING unscheduled commercial break in the middle of the opening scene.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They totally should go to burn-on-demand for these specials.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But again, they're very bad with specials, even their own. I don't expect to see any of those DisneyTV Music Video specials (can you say music rights headache?) but GIMME Sports Goofy! I may have watched it twice online, but I want a clean, DVD transfer of it.
It's also surprising that the Studio DC! specials haven't been released in the US. But when it comes to non-Muppet Disney specials, I'd like to see Mickey's 60th birthday special released.