Noticeable Changes during or after Season 1

Snuffylover

Reaction score
As many people know, half way through Season 1 Ma Gorg and Gobo's looks changed. And everyone knows after Season 1 Cheryl Wagner took over the role of Ma Gorg from Myra Fried. But how bout some other changes that took place either in the middle of Season 1 or after Season 1. Here's a few I thought of

The Doozers were rather one dimensional in Season 1, usually only seen as background charachters, and when they did talk their personalities seemed rather dull. Once Season 2 started they started developing actual Doozer charachters and personalities and added some regulars to the cast. Also there were times, starting in Season 2, when we got to see what the Doozers did when the Fraggles weren't around.

Boober was known for his laundry skills in Season 1, but beggining in Season 2 he picked up a 2nd skill. Cooking. Not one episode in Season 1 showed him cooking or even had him mention anything about it (correct me if i'm wrong)

It seems like Wembley had a squeakier, yet softer sounding voice in Season 1, and in Season 2 his voice became bolder and louder. Or mabye it was the middle of Season 1 this change happened. I'd have to check that out.

Not only did Gobo's hair change, but he seemed to have grown up too. He went from being like a child Fraggle to an adult or teen one. He even mentions in a Season 2 episode when Uncle Matt comes home for a visit, that when his Uncle Matt left he was "just a kid" I like to come up with the theory that there were several years between episodes 12 and 13, lol.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
When Uncle Matt leaves the workshop in the premiere, he is clearly in a neighborhood of brick apartment buildings/townhouses. However, in the last season, the front door exits out to a grassy "the beach must be close" setting. The area around the Captain's Inn also seems strangely park-like if it's supposed to be in visual range of the Workshop.

Red's fantasy series about the warrior princess starts out as Gwenolyn (when she's reading the book to Mokey the first time in their new room), but ends up as Gwenalot. Red also seems to roleplay her way more often in the later seasons.

And not to nitpick Red, but her voice suffers from the Homer Simpson/Earl Sinclair syndrome (being lower-pitched and not as expressive as in later episodes).

The Gorg's Garden is basically just the Gorg's front lawn at first. However, as the series progresses, we get a better sense of how they are surrounded by a swamp/forest. Kinda makes you wonder where it is. The decor screams Middle Ages Europe, but Pa and Junior both sound American Southern.

Rose

Reaction score
Changes in Charecter.

What I thought what prpobably happened was they finished season 1 1982-1983/4 and threforth. I just assumed they wanted to make the series more adventurous by revelealing things about each charecter that no one really knew about before, makeing the charecter appear as if they are getting older hence making them more believeable, and keeping their charecters more believeable.
I mean if they looked sounded and acted the same for all those years it would look rather silly, but that's just my opinion. :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
What I thought what prpobably happened was they finished season 1 1982-1983/4 and threforth. I just assumed they wanted to make the series more adventurous by revelealing things about each charecter that no one really knew about before, makeing the charecter appear as if they are getting older hence making them more believeable, and keeping their charecters more believeable.
I mean if they looked sounded and acted the same for all those years it would look rather silly, but that's just my opinion. :smile:
That's what I was thinking. The series went on, the characters have definitely matured more and more. It's especially noticable with Wembley. In the first season, he was pretty quiet, but in later seasons, he really blossomed as a character and got really, really silly, which is what I love about him. What I've also noticed is that his singing voice was also quiet, but he was a really good singer at the time. In later seasons, his singing got better and better. In "Gone, But Not Forgotten", he learned a hard lesson in life when Mudwell dies after he knew him for a short time, but he learns to cope with it in his own special way. That has to be my favorite episode of the show.

Whimsy

Reaction score
Mokey's voice changes. I'm not sure how to describe it, but she initially has a soft voice, and from season two onwards she begins to sound raspy.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Mokey's voice changes. I'm not sure how to describe it, but she initially has a soft voice, and from season two onwards she begins to sound raspy.
I don't really notice that. To me she seemed to have the same kind of voice the entire series. However, Gobo did have some vocal changes, more in the pitch department, though.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The Trash Heap appeared a lot in the first season, but in the following seasons, the appearances became less and less, at least she was in the last episode of the series. Still, I wish she would have made more appearances in more episodes in the later seasons. In season 2, she only showed up in three episodes, season 3: about five episodes and in the last season: about the same number of episodes.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And the first season shows that apparently some eps were done out of order, as in the pilot Marjorie looks normal, but in one ep (forgot which one), she's a clearly earlier design (it's also where you notice a lot of Red's pitch issues).

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to let you know RedPiggy, the Pilot is not "Beginnings" that show was the 10th episode that we shot but was aired first to let people know more about Fraggle Rock. It was an introduction show. The Pilot is and boy the puppets looks give it away: "The Thirty Minute Work Week" or as it was titled in our original first draft scripts: "Wembley Chooses A Job".

Note the nose on Gobo as it hangs kind of down. Boy they where fast in pulling that sucker up. Yes and look at that Trash Heap. what's the number of Marjory's plastic Sergeant and lets not talk about what Ma Gorg goes through after a while.

Take care one and all,:coy:

Terry Angus

And the first season shows that apparently some eps were done out of order, as in the pilot Marjorie looks normal, but in one ep (forgot which one), she's a clearly earlier design (it's also where you notice a lot of Red's pitch issues).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I just couldn't remember the name of the ep --.

O_O

You know, I read this post in my email, and saw words like 'we shot' and was like, "Gosh, that's a weird way to put it" ... and then I saw the name and I was like, "SQUEEEEEE! Someone from Fraggle Rock actually wrote to me (or, technically replied to my post). Wheeeee!" Sorry. Had a bout of fangirlish there, LOL.