My Ernie Replica!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Looking good! If any criticism, I would say try to see if you can fix the sunken grooves around his mouth and you have used the wrong material for his hair.Looks like you have used Osterich feathers(which makes his hair look out of control).His hair is more like what they make fake moustaches out of.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, the mouth is that way to stay - I didn't realize I was gluing the mouthplate that was until it was too late. As for the hair, it is in need of a trimming, but I couldn't find proper hair that was long enough for a proper Ernie.

Does anybody know if Ernie has a black part to his mouth over the tongue?

TML

Reaction score
He lloks cute. There is a lot of personality in his face. The rubber duck is cute too.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, the mouth is that way to stay - I didn't realize I was gluing the mouthplate that was until it was too late. As for the hair, it is in need of a trimming, but I couldn't find proper hair that was long enough for a proper Ernie.

Yes he does.It is at the back on the upper mouth plate to look like his tonsil hanging down.Pretty much a muppet trademark.Have you tried ordering the fur hair online from a place like Mendel's?
http://www.mendels.com/fur2.shtml

Animal31

Reaction score

With Halloween right around the corner, alot of stores have already started putting out the Halloween masks and costumes. You may be able to find a cheap ape or werewolf mask for the hair you need. I may stock up myself!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
I did look at Mendell's. Unfortunately, this is actually for a theater project I'm working on with my school and ordering all the way from CA (I'm in Western New York) would have taken too big a bite out of our budget.

The final Ernie's done now - a few things are off but I love how he came out, despite it. I'll have pictures posted soon!