Trouble with Animal

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings from the Count! I was trying to tork the joints of my Animal figure's limbs. The right hand and left foot swiveled perfectly. Unfortunately, I broke off both the right foot and left hand. Should I ask someone to glue the appendages back together with Crazy Glue, or is there some other glue that I could use? My concern is that there's the risk of glueing the joint permanently unswivable. Please help me out by saying if I should proceed with the current plans, along with any tips for avoiding sealing the joint stuck. Thanks for all your help with this subject.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well if I were in your situation, and I was, I would return the playset and get a new one.

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me! Except, only the right hand fell off. Actually, I also broke the plaset..... the toms on the drum broke off. I think that a lot of damages happened with the playset because I went back to Toys R Us and noticed that a lot of them were broken inside the package. I bought a new one but I should have returned the one I broke. I suggest you take it back to the store. Also, in this website under the Interview with Palisades, they tell you you can contact them and they will replace them. Sorry about the bad luck!:frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggesstions, but it won't work that way. The Animal figure with Electric Mayhem playset and the rest of my S2 collection were bought two months ago tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone already suffered this painful trauma and came out a winner by reconnecting Animal's hands or feet to the figure by using some sort of glue and have the figure retain that particular joint's articulation. If anyone out there is online now who can help, please let me know what can be done!

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Contact Palisades, they should be able to help you out. They will probably replace it. It's worth a shot!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
My animal is okay, but now I am scared to touch him. He seems to be sensitive to being touched! - Unless you guys are abusing him in some way LOL!

Sorry that I am not up to speed and knowledged on instruments, but the two peddles connected to the symbols on either side of the drums that stick out in the air, were broken on my playset. Seems that Palisades really packaged the playset up real good cause it was a pain trying to get it out of the plastic, which I think caused the peddles to break - when I removed the set from the box. Did any of you guys experience this similar frustration?

Don't get me wrong - I love the animal playset!
P.S I fixed the problem with crazy glue.
Hope the chef and kitchen are more happy to be freed from the box and plastic! :big_grin: And yes I know that the packaging is done the way it is to insure that the product stays intact when shipping. But couldn't it be made easier to remove when taking the product out?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Animal's eyelids were stuck tight when I first got him, but I kept with it and they loosened right up.

Have you tried popping the foot back in? This could work. Also, when loosening up joints in the future, it is best to push in while twisting instead of just twisting (tends to bend instead).

Hope all gets fixed. Series 3 come from a different factory and word is the QC looks really bright.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I am so dumb! I totally forgot that Animal's eyelids opened and closed! Thanks for reminding me. It sure is a cool articulation feature! I wonder what all the chef will do? Is it true that the fridge will open and have removeable ice cube trays? If it does - that sure is amazing work and detail!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You haven't used the eyebrows yet? LOL! That's the first thing that I played with! Definitely cool.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Jamie, thanks for the tip in the future. The problem was that I pulled the joint out while twisting at the same time. Unfortunately, the joint/limb broke off cleanly and can't be popped back into place. Crazy Glue might work to attach the hand and foot back on, but I'm concerned about the joint's articulation. Any tips on what to do in the end?