Advice on What to Wear Under a Fullbodied Puppet Suit

Zingzilla

Reaction score
Hi

my partner, is about to start doing some training for panto, and she is going be a teddybear, it has animatronic features too, can anyone advise what to wear beneath her costume, she was told a lycra catsuit, but may feel warm, also what about to keep her hair clear from her face? she can see through the mouth, it has a see through veil within the opening.

thanks in advance.....

CoOKiE

Reaction score
The hair... easily can be put up.

I do walk around puppets and wear black. The characters i've performed can show our bodies, through the characters big mouth. So, we give off the illusion that its a big mouth.

DEF something light to wear. We sweat ALOT in our puppets. However, ours are made of foam and latex. If you have a character like big bird, you'd have alot more air entering the puppet.

And yes we have ALOT of vents in the costume, but its still a dirty job lol

Jinx

Reaction score
I have found it useful on most occasions to also wear a sweatband. Once I was in costume for a very long time and had a real difficulty with sweat running into my eyes. The sweatband helps a lot!

I agree that dressing lightly is the best way to go.

Animal31

Reaction score
I have found it useful on most occasions to also wear a sweatband. Once I was in costume for a very long time and had a real difficulty with sweat running into my eyes. The sweatband helps a lot!

I agree that dressing lightly is the best way to go.
Ha, I had someone dress up as Barney for a fund raiser once, he was a VERY large man and it was a VERY hot day. He just had to sit there for pictures with the kids, but what we didn't realize was he fell asleep in the chair from the heat and no one knew it for almost 30 minutes!

They just kept walking the kids over for the snap shot!

Zingzilla

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, she had a meeting with the costume department, and has been given a lycra unitard to wear, she had a test fitting of the suit earlier, its comfy with the unitard, and has been given a open face hood to wear over her hair, and has a break every 20 minutes between scenes, to remove the head part.

so all is looking good for her