Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me or did they skip the "Number of the Day"? Because I don't remember seeing Murray introduce it, nor do I remember any segments about 6 (though I saw that The Count acknowledged such a skit). I wonder if it was shortened in my area (though I watched the end of Dinosaur Train before it and it didn't look like my local public television station was having any kind of pledge drive). I remember when Elmo's World came on I was like "Aren't we going to get the number of the day?", and then wondered if Elmo's World might have been moved to earlier in the show... and when Murray was announcing the sponsors I was thinking "If they stop having number sponsors then this show has definately jumped the shark!" (not that Sesame Street hasn't jumped the shark in the past)

Drtooth

Reaction score
No. The Number of the day skit was still present. It was the same number 6 opening, and the skit itself was 6 street dancers.

lds1987

Reaction score
I think it is so neat that Sesame Street is still running and I hope they make it 41 more years!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see SuperGrover 2.0!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
My station was having technical difficulties for some reason, so I didn't see all the episode. But it was good from what I saw. I loved the Closer sketch. Super Grover 2.O is a great new segment! It's so funny! I know it's old, but I haven't seen it in a while: I loved seeing Ernie and Bert in EW: Skin.

wiley207

Reaction score
My station was having technical difficulties for some reason, so I didn't see all the episode. But it was good from what I saw. I loved the Closer sketch. Super Grover 2.O is a great new segment! It's so funny! I know it's old, but I haven't seen it in a while: I loved seeing Ernie and Bert in EW: Skin.
Wow. My local PBS station was having a test of the Emergency Alert System right before the episode began. At least it wasn't one put out by the cable company (you know, the one with the black background, white scrolling letters and the badly-distorted announcement that interrupts all the networks?) THAT would've disrupted the whole DVR recording!

But besides that, kind of a "meh" start for the season. No Murray's Little Lamb, and no "Bert and Ernie's Greatest Adventures." Could "Abby's Flying Fairy School" be phasing those out and become the new "Elmo's World?" :zany:

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I read on a blog about Alton Brown, that he's going to be on, so I can't wait for that one. I am a total Alton Brown fan, and was a part of the chat that happened last night or yesterday afternoon, depending on where you live, on foodnetwork.com, in the next iron chef area, and he answered my question about veg. oil first. It was the coolest thing that I have ever done! I highly suggest doing this again, if they ever do it again, because Alton is a Food GOD! :smile: :halo: :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But besides that, kind of a "meh" start for the season. No Murray's Little Lamb, and no "Bert and Ernie's Greatest Adventures." Could "Abby's Flying Fairy School" be phasing those out and become the new "Elmo's World?" :zany:
We can't be sure until we see the rest. Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures was shown pretty sporadically last season, but they showed it just as sporadically the season it premiered. I'd love to see these segments all jumbled up and alternate with each other to avoid 2 and 3 times a season reruns, but that's probably something they're not planning yet. Shame though... I'm sure that a LOT of kids would get sick of seeing the same segments over and over. And if they don't, their parents might.

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
I have to say that I am very excited about this season! I know it doesn't seem like much now, but I know that it's going to get better. I hope that they stray away from Elmo for a while, because since last season, I've started thinking that Elmo is just the "star" of Sesame Street. Is it me or is Abby slowly taking that from him? TEAM ABBY ALL THE WAY!

I <3 Super Grover 2.0! The car looks so COOL, and so does his outfit; but Grover is still the same, loveable, silly monster we all know and love. I hope to see more Rosita, too. I'm so happy to see that she's included more with Elmo, Telly, and Abby.

And for the record, who else is happy that Zoe is back to normal? She looked a little weird in Season 40. I'm glad they changed her back.

Overall, I can't wait for more Season 41 episodes!