Chicago Museum Jim Henson

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
its awesome...ive seen it 3 times once at the very first opening in DC and twice in Boston

kids will love the actual puppets on display and the older fan will love the history behind it

King Rupert

Reaction score
I saw it 3x up here in Boston... very cool. I can only hope it returns after my son is born.

SeanC

Reaction score
I'll be in Chicago for a few days next month. This is a definite 'must see' for me. :smile:

zns

Reaction score
I'm so ashamed that I didn't get to see it when it came to my homestate, PA. Oh well. I'd personally like to visit the Center of Puppetry Arts instead. They have so much there with the Muppets, and then some.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I'm so ashamed that I didn't get to see it when it came to my homestate, PA. Oh well. I'd personally like to visit the Center of Puppetry Arts instead. They have so much there with the Muppets, and then some.
Yeah, I was ticked when I didn't get to see it PA either, being a Pittsburgh native and all, but I'm totally going to trek it out to Chicago in December to check this out as a little Christmas/congrats on only having one semester of law school left present for me.

I'm kind of glad I waited for the Chicago exhibit because it is the only one where Miss Piggy is going to be there, and in her MTM wedding dress! The huge Piggy fan and romantic in me can't wait to see her....up close.....in her wedding dress! :smile:

Magic Mara

Reaction score
I went to the exhibit today, and it was magical! Seeing Miss Piggy in her wedding gown was definitely my favorite part. I kept coming back to look at her and admiring all the details of the gown. I was also jazzed to see the Kermit and Piggy wedding cake topper from the movie, which is sitting next to her in the display case.

The props and costumes from the Dark Crystal were my second favorite part of the exhibit. Kira's gown is on display, and it is simply gorgeous! You can see it very well from all angles since it is presented on a mannequin.

I still feel glowing and smiley from a wonderful afternoon poring over Jim's drawings, all the photographs, and the puppets and props on display. What a fabulous exhibit! :flirt:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
We were going to see this back in June of this year, but sadly, the museum closed where the show was booked, just a few months before it was scheduled. :sympathy: I was reeeeeeally looking forward to it! :cry:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
We were going to see this back in June of this year, but sadly, the museum closed where the show was booked, just a few months before it was scheduled. :sympathy: I was reeeeeeally looking forward to it! :cry:
Oh, I didn't realize that was the reason for the cancellation. I assume you are talking about the Fresno stop. I had also been waiting for that for quite some time since it was the closest the exhibit was going to be to Los Angeles. Since that was canceled I decided to plan a trip to Chicago, and I am going to see it this weekend!

-Murray

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome dude! We get to take him to Disneyland for his birthday in December, so that'll be cool enough; at least they have Muppet-Vision. :smile: