Muppet Treasure Island on The Hub Channel

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island is airing on The Hub on October 17th at 3:00pm and 8:00pm

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for pointing this out. I was starting to wondering if more Henson stuff would turn up on The Hub. Showing a Muppet movie is a good idea in that regard.

muppet boy

Reaction score
It would be wonderful if more Muppet stuff started airing on The Hub. I could totally see A Muppet Family Christmas, The Christmas Toy and other muppet movies and specials airing on this station. I think a muppet family christmas could air to tie in the fraggles since the fraggles are on the hub...what do you guys think? Then again, it would have to be allowed by disney. But if disney is allowing Muppet Treasure Island to air...surely they could allow other muppet stuff to air on the hub.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
If they do a Muppets marathon of specials and movies for Christmas, I will definitely have to get this channel!
(Already envisioning airings of hopefully unedited "Muppet Family Christmas", "The Muppets Christmas Carol", "The Christmas Toy", "Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas", "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street", "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", "Elmo Saves Christmas", "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol", "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays", "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" (okay- they don't actually have the rights for the Sesame Street productions, but I'd still like to see them included- lol)
and "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" episode of Fraggle Rock and "The Muppets: Letters to Santa" and "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and certainly "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" Now that would RULE!):smile::super::excited:

muppet boy

Reaction score
This might not seem like dejavu to any of you....hehe...a poem....but I was searching through The Hubs programming and I saw that Dougie Howser M.D. is on their line-up....Now is it me or are we seeing kind of a semi-rebirth of the long lost and sorely missed Oddessy Channel....if that is the case....we could see the muppets soon. Of course this is all wishful thinking.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
This might not seem like dejavu to any of you....hehe...a poem....but I was searching through The Hubs programming and I saw that Dougie Howser M.D. is on their line-up....Now is it me or are we seeing kind of a semi-rebirth of the long lost and sorely missed Oddessy Channel....if that is the case....we could see the muppets soon. Of course this is all wishful thinking.
It'd be great if The Hub started showing more Henson-owned shows and specials but I doubt we have a second Odyssey on our hands. I don't see Disney being willing to give The Hub the broadcast rights to The Muppet Show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I watched it. And they some unnesscary edits to it. Was it like that when they showed it on Cartoon Network?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Unnecessary edits, eh? Well, to the person upthread who was wanting a "new Odyssey", sounds like they got their wish! :wink:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
They are certainly cutting a bunch of stuff out. I don't know if it's unnessecary or not. It looks like they're doing 2 hours a movie plus commercials. The stuff they've cut out so far is fun but not entriely essential to the plot so I understand where the cuts are coming from.