Your Thoughts: It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Widescreen DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe if it had new deleted scenes, featurettes, longer cut, *something* I might prefer widescreen, but I can live with full screen.
I guess we're all disappointed that all the GOOD deleted scenes are lost forever. Snoop Dogg or no... but other than the extended Moulin Scrooge and scene with Bobo and Santa, they were pretty much WORTH not seeing.

Sigh... that scene in the bloopers that made fun of the payoff from It's a Wonderful Life looked good.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame that the bonus CD couldn't have at least included all the songs from the movie (even if they had to take the audio from the film). This would have been a golden opportunity to finally own "Everyone Matters" on CD.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Just picked it up today! I'm really glad to finally have the widescreen version - but that CD is something else though, huh? WOW.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm watching the new DVD now, it looks great on my HDTV! I'm very happy that they decided to release it in its proper aspect ratio.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping a pretty old thread, but I got the film a while back, so here are my thoughts. Since I never got the 2003 DVD the chopped features don't disturbe me too much, but I'd still have loved to have it. The holiday disc, yes it's obviously dumb, but it'd be nice to plop into your car CD drive and listen while driving during the holidays. The carried over special features are the deleted scenes and bloopers which is good enough for me. Also the film looks swell in widescreen, much better than on the CW, the group shots look stunning, and it's cool seeing all the muppets in the theater. The film itself is wonderful, and one of the muppets best in my opinion. I give it a 7.5/10 for the DVD NOT the actual film which I give a 9/10. It didn't give us anything new, but for $9.99 we got the film in widescreen and some carried over bonus features. Anyways, the Blu-Ray will be coming out in October of this year, so get pre-ordering.

FINAL DVD SCORE:7.5/10