Help Choosing a Wireless Mic System

Melonpool

Reaction score
I was told something by an audio engineer a few months ago -- and everyone may want to watch out for this, if it's true...

Apparently, the FCC has taken a lot of the frequencies used by older wireless mics for use in Cell Phones and Wi Fi recently... the upside is there's plenty of band for everyone -- but the downside is that soon some of the older wireless mics might start bleeding in cell phone audio and other feedback. Just be careful when buying used mics -- and be sure that you have some control over changing channels!

crazy chris

Reaction score
i definately want to avoid that... there are apartments above us and id hate to have their convos broadcast

one perk of our show is that its mostly pre-recorded... but our host/kid wrangler needs mic'd to speak at the begining and during dances and games

cc

dwmckim

Reaction score
Aw hwck - why not get a sound system that picks up things like sermons and phone convos - you can do a "live improv" version of Crank Tankers!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Aw hwck - why not get a sound system that picks up things like sermons and phone convos - you can do a "live improv" version of Crank Tankers!
LOLOL

i ended up getting a great system.. and its working fantastic!

thanks for all the tips!

cc