Questions about The Dark Crystal

fozziecub10

Reaction score
Hello Everybody

Ive ben on and off this forum and visit this site for many years now, i love it.

Anyways, i was wondering if you could answer 2 questions for me, it would really help me out.

I am writing my Dissertation specifically on The Dark Crystal and its Animatronics regarding Audience Reception Theory.:wisdom:

Q1. Is there a quote form a book somewhere that states that The Dark Crystal is the only movie to have been made using solely Animatronics and Puppetry, with no human characters. I have been looking online and in some Books and magazine reviews and cant find a quote. if so from wich book and could you message or publish it here please incl page number.

Q2. If I posted the questions used for my Audience Reception , as I will have to show it to a pvt audience, would you be interested in filling it out for me to i get statistics etc. names will be remain annonymous on the final results.

:scary:

Yup Yup Yup Yup!

thank you

Laszlo

Reaction score
Q1: Im pretty sure there are many quotes. But I havent had the time to search through my collection. Why is it that important? I mean everybody knows it is the ONLY realistic movie with only animatronics.

Q2: Yes

fozziecub10

Reaction score
hi Laszlo

thanx for your reply

yesi have about 12 pages of quotes and reviews, i just wanted one to confirm this as it is an accademic essay it needs to be referenced and proven, I think i got the best quote from Brian Frouds, the world of the dark crystal bok, from the bottom paragraphs of the inside dust cover where he says that it was the first fully animatronic feature film ( i cant name you anothe rone though lol).

Thank you, i am almost finished the questions asn thank you i will let you know around mid november i wil post them here.

fozziecub10

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hi Guys

(Please note this is not SPAM mail I really do need your help, Thanx Admin for your permission to post )
I’m studying my final year of Film Making and Screen Writing Honours year and I have to produce a Dissertation. The Dissertation is based upon a Historical reception Study of Jim Hensons The Dark Crystal.

I will be screening the movie to a small (pvt) audience but I would also like you to participate. Within the next week (if you have time) could you please watch the movie The Dark Crystal and fill out the questionnaire for me, please, please, gelfling friend.

If you don’t have time please watch on a clip on You Tube to get an idea of the movie and fill out the questions and return them to me by the 30th of November 2010. Just copy n paste n answer as many questions as you can.

I really appretiatiate your help.

Bug Hugs Tony
If you prefer to email me the answers or pvt message me them I's appretiate it from as many of you guys as possible please.

ABOUT YOU

Are You

Male
Female

16-18
18-24
25-35
35-45
45+

Please state your Occupation.

Where do you live?

I understand that I am taking part in this Historical Audience Research Study volunteraly for a student project. I accept that my information may be combined and used as statistical figures. I also agree that the findings will not feature my name and/or address on the combined information.

Name: Date:

Signed: Date

Please take a few moments to complete the following questions. Circle your answers where necessary.

1.How Often Do You Go To The Cinema?
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly
Yearly
Less

2.What is your main reason for viewing a film?
Trailer
Reviews
Star
Director
Other

3a.Have you previously read a review of this film prior to viewing?
Yes
No

3b.Have you previously viewed a trailer or this film prior to viewing?
Yes

No

3c.Have you previously heard about this movie before today?
Yes (State Where) No

4a.Have you previously viewed this film? (if no go to question 6)
Yes
No

4b.Where have you previously viewed this movie?
Cinema
Video
DVD
Blue Ray
Other(Please State)

5.How does this Blue-Ray Version compare with the format you have previously viewed this movie?

6.What did you think of the animatronics used within the film?

7. How would you compare the animatronics to modern day CGI?

8. If released today, would a fully animatronics movie like The Dark Crystal work in today’s cinema?

9. If the movie was re-mastered using CGI technology instead of animatronics, how do you think that it would be received by a modern day audience?

10. Now that you know Animatronics, what other movies have you seen that feature this technology?

11. What are your thoughts on the Animatronics used in this movie? e.g. are they life like enough

12. What does this film mean to you? (e.g. Nostalgia/ Memories)

13. Do you have any final thoughts on this film presentation?

14. What are your expectations for Power Of The Dark Crystal due in 2011?