TVTV Halloween Special... watch it quick!

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
AMAZING work you guys! I have dreams of getting my own little web show filmed and out there someday in the not-so-distant future. Give us 5 or 6 years and we might be up to your quality. I thought the quality of the ENTIRE production was excellent, especially considering the amateur/volunteer nature of the project. The sets, puppets, effects, lighting, camera work, editing, sound, writing, and performances were all top notch! You and your team did a fantastic job and you should all be proud. Keep up the great work.
I thought the same thing puppetainer... so much so that I went searching around on youtube and came across a news report about how they make this show... this isnt 3 guys and a camera, a ridiculous amount of time and resources go into making this show.

spcglider

Reaction score
Well, actually, 11th Uru...

We have a gang of about 20 people who help put it all together.

-Gordon

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is really quite an accomplishment; you've now produced not one, but two of these for broadcast TV. You should be very proud Gordon.

spcglider

Reaction score
I'm mostly proud of the fact that, together with some very good people, I've managed to put together something that people find entertaining. It certainly isn't all me by a loooooooooong shot.

Everybody involved with the show goes all-in every time. You couldn't ask for a better gang of cutthroats and brigands. When we all get together its all about making TVTV as good as it can be. And then we laugh. A LOT.

It really is no small sense of pride that I get from knowing I had an idea that turned into all this.

I tell you... I think I've found my personal nirvana. Being under a puppet and performing on-camera is the closest to deliriously happy I've ever been (outside of my marriage, that is). Its just such an amazing experience when you get done and watch the footage. I used to get worried that I couldn't consciously recall doing some of the stuff (or making Furry do some of the stuff) on screen. Just little bits of movement that make him look alive or are particularly effective. I was concerned that it was me developing some sort of mental defect! But then I read a quote from Frank Oz about basically the same thing... the same thing happens to him sometimes. Sigh of relief!

And that becomes the object lesson, I suppose. I eventually realized that there wasn't a place for me among The Muppets... even though Jerry Juhl had told me so many times over. So the only other option was to do it for myself.

And now it remains to find a way to turn it into a real living. Which may also be completely up to me...

-Gordon

Onath

Reaction score
So the only other option was to do it for myself.

And now it remains to find a way to turn it into a real living. Which may also be completely up to me...

-Gordon
This is so true.

Some people wait forever for something to just happen to them.

Personally, I feel there is a much larger chance of getting your big break if you if you don't sit back and take a passive role.

You and your crew have worked hard on this project and it shows. This kind of a top notch project can only lead to bigger and better things.

Great Job on the special and keep up the great work.

-Jon Little