Speculation: Celebrities Considered for the New Muppet Movie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can not WAIT to see how all of these fantastic actors and performers interact with our Muppets. Some places are saying that Jane Lynch is playing a prison guard and John Krasinski and Ed Helms are part of Lady Gaga's entourage... if that's the case, my love for Jason Segel has just grown exponentially.
Can't believe we're also getting Office guys too. Especially Ed Helms. Man... sure, these aren't the most timeless people ever, but they fit in perfectly with the style they're going for.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
PLEASE, NOT LADY GAGA!

I'm fine with eveyone else on that list.

Jack Black: I can see him.

Paul Rudd: No problem.

Kristen Schaal: Probably the one I was most excited about.

BUT NOT Lady Gaga. (For some reason, she just plain creeps me out! :scary:)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like this list.

Oh, and I love Gaga! I see her as the Andy Warhol of club pop. I could see him hanging out with her back in his day. It would be great for the Muppets if she provided a song for the soundtrack. She's practically a Muppet anyway.

beaker

Reaction score
I am extremely thrilled and pleased with the rumor list so far. I love how Ed Helms and Krasinski were mentioned. Though Rainn Wilson seems like a good choice too. Lady Gaga is a no brainer for this project. Jane Lynch is the current "it" actress in pop culture.

Just announced? Danny Trejo and Zach Galifianakis.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71633

Galifianakis was on my list. Im expecting to hear news of Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, and Russel Brand:smile:

Now there is a concern of going too heavy on the cameos, but so far a lot of these are exciting actors with pop, and not embarassing
actors everyone will forget in 5 years(Channum Tating, Josh Hartnet, Megan Fox, and the rest of the "pretty boy/girl" troupe)

beaker

Reaction score
Lady Gaga may be eccentric, but that does not make her a bad person.

Many of the Muppets are eccentric as well. :concern: :crazy: :halo:
Also even from the rumored cameos, it seems like the stars are more thought out. It's almost cringe worthy thinking of the throw away cameos in MFS and a VMMCM that seemed to only be there to advertise something everyones forgotten about by now(Hulk Hogan, Dawson's Creek, etc)

But I agree with the commenters on those blog sites, we need Vince Vaugn and Seth Rogan!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Lady Gaga may be eccentric, but that does not make her a bad person.
Well, I never said that she was. And eccentricity is most definitely not a bad thing :smile:crazy:smile:.

I'm normally not the kind of person who goes around complaining about celebrities that I don't like personally (and refuse to associate with those who belong to Internet hate groups). However, there's just something about her that send shivers down my spine in a bad way.

I realize now that I should have expressed my opinion in a less negative manner and apologize to anyone I might have royally ticked off.

...And now I've got Paparazzi stuck in my head! ARGH! :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like this list.

Oh, and I love Gaga! I see her as the Andy Warhol of club pop. I could see him hanging out with her back in his day. It would be great for the Muppets if she provided a song for the soundtrack. She's practically a Muppet anyway.
Anyone who wears a coat of Kermit dolls HAS to be in the Muppet movie. I bet that stunt alone got them to get her to do a cameo.

I understand the hating something that's popular because it's popular. A lot of BAD and detrimental things become popular (Survivor, Jersey Shore... well, you know where I'm going with this), not to mention our cultures new found love with anything even remotely successful has to be emulated to a disgustingly variety destroying extent. However, I do think Gaga's one of the few hyped up things that deserve it. She does pop music the way it's SUPPOSED to be done. We've been without a major voice in the pop world, with lousy one hit wonders, disappointing endings of groups with potential (I actually miss Outkast), and rows and rows of generic crap. Not to mention that rock music now employs toy pianos, jingle bells, and acoustic guitars. No. I don't WANT rock music that sounds like Baby albums. Even Raffi didn't sound that juvenile. Belle and Sabastian are an overrated group that ruined the soundtrack of Juno.

What was I getting at again?

Oh yes... Gaga. She brings a theatrical attitude to her videos, her songs are actually catchy (We've been lacking them for years now) and she has more than one hit at a time. She reminds me of a young Elton John before he became a bloated sell out in her looks... Michael Jackson with a fun crazy instead of a sad one. And if she is indeed a Muppet fan, she should be in a Muppet production.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
My favorite rumored guest star!

So I just read an article that mentions that Barbara Eden is going to reprise her role of Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie) in the movie! How random and weird is that? The article is here:

Inside Pulse

It would be awesome if it were true because I love both the Muppets and I Dream of Jeannie so much!

I also hope Paula Abdul has a cameo however I doubt she'll do it as she's starting a new TV show in January.

Also Jane Lynch has recently said that she wasn't asked to be in the movie, but if she is, she will say yes.

I'm so excited for this movie! I'm hoping that old Muppet Magic from the 70s and 80s is recaptured so the new fans can know what it was like.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I never said that she was. And eccentricity is most definitely not a bad thing :smile:crazy:smile:.

I'm normally not the kind of person who goes around complaining about celebrities that I don't like personally (and refuse to associate with those who belong to Internet hate groups). However, there's just something about her that send shivers down my spine in a bad way.

I realize now that I should have expressed my opinion in a less negative manner and apologize to anyone I might have royally ticked off.

...And now I've got Paparazzi stuck in my head! ARGH! :grouchy:
I get it. Some celebrities rub me the wrong way too. I just personally love Gaga because she's simply all about visual experimentation and fun. Nothing's sacred and she'll even lampoon herself. And I do respect that she can actually play the piano. Most pop stars these days can't even sing, much less play an instrument. But she's not about creating fine music. Nonetheless, she's certainly not everybody's taste.

Jeannie will be in the movie? Wow! I think this will be loaded with a lot more surprises than we expect. I'm stoked!