Fraggle Foods.

Shade601

Reaction score
So, today I actually made Radish Gumbo, using all the ingredients Boober talks about in making his. I candied the Radishes first in molasses, orange peel, and lemon juice. But the rest of it was made like traditional gumbo, with some silly creature foods thrown in to make the men in my house eat it too (shrimp and ham)...other than that, it was parsnips, a rutabaga, and various other vegetables in tomato based stock...over rice with candied radishes in top of course

I am dead serious when I say - I am going to make a doozer tower out of radish dust. I have a plan - use the dehydrator for the radishes, grind them into dust with a kitchen ninja...use sugar and liquefy and then crystallize them and let them set in straws...for glue..some kind of paste similar to paper mache without the newspaper of course, which is just flower and water, but probably with mustard or tomato powder, like in the Doozer Contest episode. I'm going to put it all together, take a thousand pictures, and then EAT IT! I'll keep you all updated.

These foods are not only totally possible, but actually really delicious. its amazing what you can do with a radish!:coy::busy::excited:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You know, I've been curious about that sort of thing. I'd love to see a 'Doozer stick' sculpture on Food Network Challenge, LOL. But you know how you could get some money for that FR movie? Have a cookbook written by 'Boober'! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Shade601

Reaction score
I personally think a fraggle rock movie is a horrible idea. but I did consider making at least an internet cookbook based on food ideas from the show. Garlic soup is also entirely possible and probably already exists in some form. Also the various Souffle ideas (minus coming to life and having to beat it with a broomstick). they use a lot of unique vegetables that when done right are pretty tasty. anybody out there who likes to cook should give this stuff a shot, theres a million ways to do it considering the concepts are imaginary to begin with! this is very exciting.:busy:

Shade601

Reaction score
oh and there WILL be a doozer construction coming to life in my kitchen in the next few days. it'll be huge...it'll be elaborate...and then it'll get eaten. because architecture is meant to be enjoyed!:excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally think a fraggle rock movie is a horrible idea.
Don't worry, it's not ever going to happen... even if the script was GOOD. I don't see why we never got one in the 80's, and I think FR deserves to be a movie every bit as much as Sesame Street did. Twice... hopefully more like the first one than the last one.

Anyway...

I am dead serious when I say - I am going to make a doozer tower out of radish dust. I have a plan - use the dehydrator for the radishes, grind them into dust with a kitchen ninja...use sugar and liquefy and then crystallize them and let them set in straws...for glue..some kind of paste similar to paper mache without the newspaper of course, which is just flower and water, but probably with mustard or tomato powder, like in the Doozer Contest episode. I'm going to put it all together, take a thousand pictures, and then EAT IT! I'll keep you all updated.
That might just work, as Doozer sticks are basically the sugar of a Radish, ground up like that. That's definately paying attention. And you are going to have to alter it in that way since, well, you'd really need a LOT of pressure and heat to get the radish sugars alone to resemble the things alone.

nayrbgo

Reaction score
I am EXTREMELY excited about this project! I am so stoked for photo updates and written descriptions. WOW! I have told all of my friends about this. GO DOOZER CRAZY! YEAH! :busy::busy::busy:

Shade601

Reaction score
yeah, i agree...its not that i dont think it would make a fantastic movie, i just think we're in the retro throwback mentality now and it would get totally ruined. and a movie without cantus or convincing john..no. lol. but more importantly...a movie without Richard Hunt. No. Besides, they wrapped up the series perfectly. It'd be a shame to go back and reopen it...and if it was set after the end of the series, there wouldn't be all that much conflict, not enough to make an entire movie...unless it was all Gobo exploring outer space. Which would get boring after 22 minutes. So needless to say...movie = bad idea...i should have said all this in the movie thread :smile:

Shade601

Reaction score

dwmckim

Reaction score
Speaking of actually making/trying FR food, i'll bet garlic and peanut butter popcorn's not all that bad...