How much should I sell the Kermit Replica for?

junebug1972

Reaction score
I have in my possession a MR Kermit the frog. Actually I have 2 of them so I am willing to part with one. I have searched for these guys for about a year online with little to no success and all of a sudden I came across 2 of them in a matter of a month. So the big question is how to value one for sale on eBay or the open market. I do not want to gouge anyone but I must make a bit of a profit as I spent about 80 hours tracking these guys down. So what to the fine folk of Muppet Central say?

Specs -
MR Replica - Kermit
Open Box
no certificates
stand but no plaque
clean and smooth fleece
does not look like it was out of the box at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
im atucally look for an extra one... condition need not apply

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well my was 300$ 1 year or so ago plus expensive shipping and tax later.
Since they are rarely seen anymore price might be higher now.

dented

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb here. Please try to understand that I am not being rude to anyone. Supply verses demand determines price. When I just thought about selling mine a few months ago I got about 25 emails asking for more info.

Basically I am trying to say there is a lot of demand and virtually no supply. Just look at ebay and try to find one. When I had some extra money a few months back I was watching ebay every day for one. There was like a 4 month period where I can guarantee there was none listed.

That being said, while it may upset people, I would suggest putting a pricetag of $1,000 on it. While you may not get that much, there is always the change that the many hits you will get on your ad might net you $800 or so. And look at it this way, at $300 I bet you sell it quick. Heck, I might clear out some musical instruments and forgo car repairs just for investment purposes at that price. There are people out there who are going to be willing to pay, and eventually Kermit is going to go through the roof in price if another company doesn't produce replicas in the next few years.

Dame Muppet

Reaction score
If you are still looking to sell the kermit, I would be more than happy to pay a collector's price. Please let me know.

txtumbleweed

Reaction score
Muppet Masquerade Box Set

That's too cool, MR Kermit. Don't know about valuing that, but would like to put something out there. I own a "Muppet Masquerade" Box set. It has 3 LP records & 7 masks. Grover, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, & The Count. I've had this record set for the longest time, my son who is now 19 got to enjoy it, but times are tough and I am looking to find anyone who may want to buy it. :halo:

AnimalAttack

Reaction score
I'm in the market and looking for a MR Kermit (preferably new condition in the box). If anyone knows where I may find one, please let me know.

Thanks!
:smile:

ErnieBert

Reaction score
Hi! In answer to txtumbleweed above, I answered you on the wiki, and the other threads here, in case you didn't see this one. How much are you asking for it?

Thanks!

Ken

junebug1972

Reaction score
Asking price for Kermit

I am still up in the air about selling him. I was looking through the threads and somebody has a thread about converting the MR's into actual puppets.

If I do sell it I am going to post it on eBay with a heads up here the day before.

I have been doing research and the best I can come up with is people have sold them for 800-1000...

I guess its all about supply and demand but I need to watch my Karma as well.

King Rupert

Reaction score
I bought one with all certs about 6 months ago for 150 on here. Actually an artist proof. While its a awesome collectible 800 bucks is outrageous,