How much should I sell the Kermit Replica for?

junebug1972

Reaction score
If you are lucky and very thorough you can find one for maybe 300... Like I said I might not sell it just for simple Karma.

junebug1972

Reaction score
Here is the Kermit in Question

Photos of the Kermit in Question. So I asked how much to sell them for and I am not getting much response other than really high or shaming me about it being to expensive. I am not trying to screw people over but when we run out of Gold the price sky rockets... Not good but the way of things. I have 3 kids and I will sell this for as much as I can get so we can heat the house this winter.

Kermit Photos...

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
That's a real shame that they shipped the poser in that box instead of springing for some brown paper instead...
Best of luck to you on your auction..

Luke

Reaction score
That's a real shame that they shipped the poser in that box instead of springing for some brown paper instead...
Best of luck to you on your auction..
Thats exactly what i was thinking.

Times are hard Junebug, get as much as you can. You bought it, it was your investment. Saying that, i'm glad i bought mine long ago lol

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i was thinking.

Times are hard Junebug, get as much as you can. You bought it, it was your investment. Saying that, i'm glad i bought mine long ago lol

Me too! When he was only $200.00 back in the day. Love my Kermit. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the cheapest price I remember the Kermit Replica was at $125 in December 2008. He's only gone up in value since then.

Dame Muppet

Reaction score
Ha! "Let the shaming begin"
Well, I won't shame anyone because the collectibles industry can be cutthroat and it's mostly about perceived value, but Redford Films (a major seller of the Master Replica Muppets) contacted me recently to see if I was interested in a Kermit which had been shipped in the bare collectors box and was missing the name plate. They wanted less than $200 for it. You see, Redford Films is honest and they knew what the product was worth so they were asking a fair price. Clearly someone bought that Kermit because Redford no longer has it. And now guess what- there's suddenly your Kermit (with shipped collectors box and minus a plaque) for sale on ebay. That's fine. But what's the price? Oh gee, it's over $500, or over $1000 if you get lucky.
The law of supply and demand is an incredible force. I just thank heaven for honest folks like those at Redford Films who wouldn't scalp a collector because they know they have the only Kermit on the market.

Dame Muppet

Reaction score
All that being said, I do wish you and yours a warm winter and a happy holiday. My opinion is that you could have had about $300 to warm your Christmas instead of a green frog sitting in the garage.

Luke

Reaction score
The box is in a poor state and no plaque. Yes these can be worth a lot, but part of the collectability is in keeping it all in premium condition and i'd think the value goes down without that. I think they'd struggle to get $800 for this, but i could maybe see a perfect one going for that.