Do You Know Muppet Fans In Real Life?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I know a couple Muppets fans, but usually it's "Oh, I love the Muppet Christmas Carol" and that's about it. I have a friend who occasionally wears Muppet t-shirts, but I've never met anyone (in person) as big of a fan as me.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Yes, quite a few, even some people here on the forum (Wes, in particular). I happen to know some people on facebook as well.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*pokes beakerfan76* It's like I'm looking into a mirror from another dimension....

Nick22

Reaction score
i have an animal t-shirt and i get a bunch of compliments for it. mostly from adults though. and they usually don't seemed totally interested in the muppet, but obviously know who they are.

Pork

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who appreciate the Muppets. And I have converted my family to alot of Hensons stuff, especially Fraggle Rock! But besides family I only have one or two friends who actually like the Muppets, and they are not as enthusiastic about it as I am :stick_out_tongue:

Nick22

Reaction score
i wore my animal shirt the other day, and my mom's friend said that animal was her absolute favorite muppet and then we hadda a conversation about the muppets. i have now met a real life muppet fan :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
hrm it's weird.. I must attract muppet fans as friends.. that or convert them to it since quite a few of my friends are nearly as interested as I am.. and my hubby is pretty close.. a good portion of our courtship (which was long distance) was based on muppet related interests... the first present he bought me were palisades figures, and I "won" our fist phone call with fraggle trivia.. and we've made sure that my step kids have a proper understanding and appreciation of all things muppety (and now our 3 yr old grand baby.. she LOVES fraggles, elmo and kermit!)

oh and nearly forgot.. the mother of one of my friends went to school with Carol Spiney, so there is that too..

Puckrox

Reaction score
I certainly have friends who like and appreciate the muppets, but no one seems to be quite as into them as I am. I have only one friend, Martin, who I can have full fledged muppet conversations with, but even Martin isn't as obsessed with them as I am. Thus I came here!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Whenever I see someone wearing any Henson character shirts, I always comment on how awesome it is. They give a genuine thanks, but it's always just in passing, so we don't get to have a full-on conversation.
Oh yeah, I totally do that too, and often I get compliments when I wear MY Muppet shirts! It's usually not the best time to strike up full blown fanboy-geek-out conversations though. Of course, that's primarily because I rob banks for a living.

If anyone is in the NYC area at the end of the month, you should go to ToughPig's Muppet Vault event! I think it's the closest thing to a fan meet up there will ever be IRL.

Cobblestones

Reaction score
I suppose it depends what level of fan you are talking about. When I tell people that I got to meet and interview Dave Goelz (Gonzo, the Great) most of them think that's really cool and are excited. So, I think there's a lot of love and fondness for them, but it lurks under the surface. It's not as prominent or hot as Harry Potter or Twilight or maybe even Star Wars and I think that's because the Muppets haven't been out been out there as much.

I do know that when Muppet Boehemian Rhapsody was released on You-tube it became ENORMOUSLY popular almost immediately. I actually Dave Goelz about that and he said he didn't understand why, but he was happy.

So, I think they're out there... maybe not as fanatic as they once were, but still there.